Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Standard medical ethics is that it’s wrong to knowingly prescribe placebos. That’s why ScienceTM wants double blind studies for new drugs.

Buying it at a liquor store or something with proof of age would be good.

2 Likes

Obviously this is what I’m actually for. But anarcho is here attacking medical marijuana which means he wouldn’t be for that. Too much room for abuse! He thinks people are “procuring cards in harmful ways” so he sure wouldn’t be for something that allowed you to get the marijuana with less steps.

1 Like

I genuinely forget Canada legalized MJ some times. Nothing substantial has changed, I don’t notice it any more or less than before.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s what he’s saying. There’s more potential for abuse for alcohol. Acknowledging a potential for abuse doesn’t mean you think it should be illegal.

1 Like

A fully regulated and established system for purchasing a good. It’s not a medicine and shouldn’t be given that kind of cover.

TrumpWrong.Gif

How are double blind studies for medical marijuana? Can they be done so that participants don’t know what they are taking? I am loathe to rely on anecdotes as reasons to believe in the medical uses of marijuana and would like some data on the subject.

1 Like

Brb going to get my medical alcohol card. You think it’s harmful well my DOCTOR DOESNT.

People suggest the idea of making gun owners take a test and be licensed to own a gun. Why not the same idea for alcohol, marijuana, and any other drug that might be permitted for recreational use?

Correct.

Let me backtrack a little bit. I am not saying there are zero negative effects from using marijuana. Some people do have mild withdrawals if they quit. Obviously being high all the time isn’t great for anybody.

That being said it is a much safer alternative than opiates, benzos, sleeping meds, IF it works for you. It won’t kill you.

Because people aren’t using Marijuana to murder thousands of innocent people every year? In fact it being so heavily regulated/illegal is causing millions of deaths via the gang violence? lol

lol at setting up a massive bureaucracy to decide if someone can smoke a lil MJ.

How about we get a doctor over there and decide if you can have a cheeseburger. You’re now on a vegan diet you lil shit.

2 Likes

Weirdly enough since we have legalized MJ the biggest problem in province has been wide scale liquor mart thefts which got me my first block by a leftist on twitter when I didnt agree with them that it’s ok to steal thousands of dollars in alcohol.

Google the studies on stopping seizures using marijuana. That will get you started.

Guns are more intrinsically dangerous to others than alcohol or marijuana. Same reason you need a driver’s license and car insurance.

Alcohol is kind of a historical anomaly. It’s incredibly difficult to discern whether it’s a net good or harm to society. I favor legalization in instances where the harm doesn’t clearly outweigh the benefit/individual liberty. Marijuana is in the same general category.

Man i see why half the forum has you on ignore. Your arguments make little to no sense. You are the first person to ever make the argument that medical marijuana is bad because people are abusing it but fully legal marijuana is good. It’s almost like you are pulling a Bloomberg doing mental gymnastics to say whatever you think fits your terrible position.

I’m still waiting to hear about all these “harmful ways 1000s of people who live near you are getting their cards”.

1 Like

I believe you are right. Whether or not there should be a medical stamp of approval on that without something like FDA approval for those uses? Meh, I don’t care much, but I could see the point of restricting some kind of medical endorsement.

I self-identify as a nanny-state liberal who hates libertarians more than religious conservatives.

When Mayor Pete gives his argument that Medicare For All doesn’t trust the American people to make their own health care decisions, my response is to say damn right I don’t trust them.

The idea behind licensing people to use recreational drugs would be that if we allow them to have that choice, then we should do our best to make sure that it is an informed choice.

More interested in if anyone has figured out a way to do a double-blind study of medical marijuana in smokable form.