Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The world is not binary.

Cool graphic on predictit (also love how Bernie is red)

2 Likes

I am in favor of it. Or maybe one for IA+NH?

Neo-lib trade policy is fake free market where developed countries prevent undeveloped countries from using the same protections that the developed countries used to develop in the first place. Alexander Hamilton was a pioneer of protectionism and it worked. Forcing those policies on developing countries is just imperialism. Meanwhile the developed countries with the power continue to subsidize industries, like corn, to take over markets in poor countries.

1 Like

If anyone really wants to be enraged read up on US sugar policy

1 Like

^^ we have a gameday thread

Should every country be left to its own devices in the developing world?

Has free trade been a net positive? If so, has it been a positive in the way the ACA was, and would be better off being blown up to pave the way for the trade equivalent of M4A?

Lololololollll what the fuck

2 Likes

WHAT? THE? FUCK?

2 Likes

I think it’s kinda funny, actually.

bEsT sHoT tO dEfEaT tRuMp

3 Likes

His granddaughter is liz Warren?

14 Likes

False choice. Bernie is not trying to eliminate trade. No one is. Calling the deals “free trade” agreements is largely BS marketing. Orwellian.

But still, we should allow and encourage protection of industry in the developing world and not use “free trade” agreements to stifle it and maintain their position as sources of cheap labor and resource extraction.

You might as well ask if colonization was good for countries.

2 Likes

The more I learn about caucuses the more I’m convinced we should replace them. How about just straight-up ranked choice voting, stopping when the only remaining candidates are over 15%? Seems way simpler and doesn’t require all the awkward logistics.

3 Likes

Let’s just compromise and do ranked choice everywhere for everything.

2 Likes

Yea my hope was that replacing caucuses with it would be a step in that direction. Or at least further opportunities to evaluate its feasibility.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1224422468313665536

1 Like

Ranked choice is really just doing a caucus on paper where you don’t have to show up in person.

Exactly

Random question: Who is the billionaire crying about his potential tax burden in the clip in this tweet (at about 1:03)?
https://mobile.twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1223985287489040384

That’s some grade-A sniveling right there.

1 Like