Dealing with Deplorable Family and Friends

How the hell did @Tilted 's sister get into my house?!?!?!

9 Likes

This is you? Rock on brother!

I may be reading it wrong, I figured she was laughing at how ridiculous it is, not trying to sell it.

Seems from that article it’s in honor of Lars haha

Boomers giving money to their deadbeat kids while berating their successful ones is one of the more infuriating but common dynamics of these infuriating times.

3 Likes

That’s the best thing about being an only child, you get a little $$ and a little berating. The variety is nice.

5 Likes

to end this awful fucking year I got invited to spend the holidays with my Maga family, in Jacksonville Florida, but not the actual city, like a rural area or something. I’m trying not to research the area because I know it will fill me with dread already. I am sure I will have fun stories.

2 Likes

I’m actually from near that area, generally. Do you know which area they live in?

The principal engineer on my work project lives in that area, looks like a riverman NFT, has referenced his church on work calls (?) and yet is in the foster parent program. Not once in 4 years have I heard a peep from his wife/kids on a call though… not sure what to make of that. Cool story.

2 Likes

Do you have to go?

my sister asked me to come, it’s their new house after losing my niece less than a year ago, so yea

1 Like

Not gonna lie the idea of taking a dump on Lars Ulrich has a certain appeal.

Are you doing a dump on him? Or rather being lovingly cradled while you take a dump, safe in the warmth of his embrace.

5 Likes

Exactly. If the toilet was designed to look like you’re shittng in Lars Ulrich’s mouth, it would be way better.

i am not looking forward to my first trip to the south

I lived in upstate South Carolina for 4 years in towns of 10-30k and was asked that roughly never.

You’ll get a lot of surface sugar and then they’ll promptly talk about you behind your back. Very little up front aggression when it comes to family.

this is way souther lol. i asked how many confederate flags i should expect to see and she said none, thankfully

Southern cities are now mostly nice, diverse places. Drive 30 mins in any direction and it’s 100% deplorable.

6 Likes

The south doesn’t really work like that.

I mean if they’re extras from Duck Dynasty maybe? But as a general rule, particularly among family, you’re very unlikely to have much open hostility.

1 Like

(((New Yorkers)))

2 Likes