Dealing with Deplorable Family and Friends

Is Ron White a deplorable? I’ve had no indication of that when watching his stuff and I have heard anything else to suggest otherwise. I’m just asking. I really don’t know for sure.

No. He was on the Blue Collar comedy tour that was marketed to red states, and performed a red state friendly act. For a shit ton of money.
He now lives and works out of LA and LV. Does Rogan pod and isn’t overly political so he still gets the Red state seal of approval.

Surely it all balances out?

Gfs family came to visit from the philippines. I paid for a bunch of stuff. Entrances. Car hire. Meals etc.

We all went out for dinner with them and my father. Gf s father said quietly at the end of the dinner. “I will pay for this”

Of course I let him.

Because I’m a normal person.

1 Like

Are we talking about Bill Barr (Mueller Report) or Bill Burr (Comedian)?

B/c I’m pretty sure Burr isn’t a Trumpkin. He hates all politicians.

Bill doesn’t dabble much in political comedy unless it’s coming from some crazy fucked up angle. It’s why I love his stand up. He could take in the cheap laughs like Colbert and Fallon but decides against it.

yeah, I’ve already had one. I mean, it’s fucking TEXAS. I bet 75% of that wal-mart was armed. what did they do? jack shit. Oh, and the Dayton guy killed/injured almost 40 people in under a minute. Tell me how a “good guy with a gun” would stop that faster than the cops?

I just block them now.

Just troll them by suggesting a good guy with a gun should preemptively shoot anyone who owns an AR-15.

There’s been so, so many of these that had the good guy with a gun that failed but that part never gets the headlines.

I got into an argument with my cousin’s friend on Facebook after the Vegas shooting because he blamed the shooting on liberal laws. His reasoning was that if people were allowed to bring their guns to that concert, they would have shot back at the guy before he was able to shoot 600 people. You cannot reason with gun nutters. They are all insane.

None of this brings up the fact that you need to practice using your gun to actually be effective with it. There are studies and reenactments all over the place showing that some redneck with a gun is more likely to shoot an innocent bystander or fuck up than actually save the day.

Hell, there is a podcast with a marine on Joe Rogan where the marine is shitting on the police force of Baltimore and their gun training and how horrible it is.

Host a redneck gun convention, convince them there is a threat, and laugh while they accidentally shoot each other.

They couldn’t even see where he was shooting from as it was happening. A bunch of people randomly shooting into hotel windows would have probably not worked out so well for people who think like that.

Love how the NRA holds a week long convention where guns are not allowed.

Maybe there are no good guys who attend them.

6 Likes

One of my favorite (probably the wrong word but couldn’t think of anything better) arguments to have is that. Getting them to try and play mental gymnastics balancing why those gun free zones are necessary but more guns everywhere else is safer.

Been texting with my brother who I’ve mentioned before is crazy deplorable and just need to put these out here to show what I’m dealing with and vent a bit. I really have tried not to engage him lately but I just can’t help it sometimes.

first one is pretty self explanatory

2nd one

these two about the same thing

this one about the great reckoning that may or may not have already happened

this one i learn fox news is actually leftists

last one after he’s talking about the 2020 coming victory

2 Likes

Won the senate bigly, by losing two seats.

All of my yikes

In the event of a 2020 Democratic victory, I recommend trolling these people by implying that you were a willing accomplice to a rigged election.

1 Like

Yeah your brother seems like an awful person. That comment about black children not knowing their dad has me beyond triggered.