Dead and nearly departed Covidiots

lol wat

sorry for taking you seriously. my interest level in your judgement is below zero. i was trying to be emphatic because you asked for help. my bad, apparently. gl sir

1 Like

If I’m not supposed to read or comment on this thread because I posted a very mild criticism of a few people, doesn’t that make this a safe space to laugh at people dying? All I did was say that laughing at the wife dying of someone who posted bad things on Facebook is in poor taste. Maybe you didn’t read the whole conversation before jumping in? That’s a very milquetoast criticism I posted.

I really struggle with this. I can’t help but see a difference between the radio hosts and the general public the same way Manson is obviously more culpable than Squeeky Fromme.

It’s hard not to see some of these people as literally brainwashed and in some ways not fully reasonable for what they believe.

That said, I am not shedding tears when they die.

5 Likes

No one said you can’t post comments in this thread.

you can do whatever the fuck you please man, i was literally trying to help you out with what i thought was a genuine distress. now that i understand your intentions it will only make this thread more enjoyable

2 Likes

You could pull the same shit with any number of things, like eating beef. By eating beef we are contributing to global warming which will lead to way more deaths and suffering than this pandemic, not to mention the cruelty to animals it directly inflicts.

1 Like

Just remember you can take the anti anti-vax thing too far

https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1440122032797016071

4 Likes

Sorry, I can’t read the first post and then not feel glee at the update. I’m a weak man.

4 Likes

But it does bother me. When people behave in a way that bothers me, I generally them and why. Seems reasonable that they get to listen.

Side note. But there’s quite a lot of literature on the cost of carbon. Estimates range from $60 USD to $300 per tonne. Complicated of course by trying to put a value on a human life.

For a kg of beef there’s about 36 kg of CO2 equivalent. So about 2 to 10 bucks of impact.

Which is why this is all so fucking tragic. It’s not actually that expensive to fix this, and if we paid a bit more across a range of goods this could be fairly easily fixed.

Part of the fun of laughing at these people is knowing that other people are offended. So, thank you for making us feel better by pointing out this is all in bad taste.

Yeah, I think this thread has gone into a weird and dark area. It’s not a great look. On the other hand, I get the frustration we all have with these dickheads who are keeping the pandemic live by not getting vaxxed.

I can only speak for myself, but what I feel isn’t glee, it’s a genuine “fuck you” from the bottom of my heart to dangerous assholes who’ve been spewing this bullshit with impunity for decades.

17 Likes

She was his girlfriend, not his wife. Not sure why you would jump to that conclusion.

Anyways, I did some digging to make you feel better and here’s some things she put on Facebook.

Brittany1

Brittany2

Brittany3

Now that we have established her credentials, can you please stop telling us to leave Brittany alone? She got vented, got off the vent, went back to posting some right-wing shit, then went back on the vent and died.

So, in closing, LOL Brittany.

22 Likes

Maybe if it would be different if these weren’t the same people gleeful at HIV patients dying, terrible to all (other) ltbtq people, were in support of American wars, to hard on the abortion issue and have been on the wrong side of every culture issue in our life, and have been dumb enough to share these opinions online.

Do I have a shred of sympathy for those who were normal before social media and their brains have been rotted of late? A little. But 99% of these people are the worst of humanity.

9 Likes
8 Likes

anyone could make these honest mistakes

I get it, but it does sort of feel like we’re gazing into the abyss with some of this.

I am.

And I know it. Ive never before engaged in othering of people to the extent I am since Trumpism, not even when I was a militant atheist rallying against christianity. I genuinely find these people to be monstrous; existing as nearly a different species becauss I refuse to believe I have anything at all in common with them.

Its made me a worse person, and I hate them even more for it.

7 Likes

lol

2 Likes