Dead and nearly departed Covidiots

Equating a mother of two who didn’t get vaccinated with osama bin laden is absurd and is a clear indicator of being way too online.

2 Likes

At least Osama was rational.

2 Likes

What else should I call someone who willingly kills other people? Vaccine refusal = some number of Sklansky deaths directly attributable to that choice.

1 Like

It’s not so much the antiva stuff the HCA winners post that radicalized me (though they’re awful ldo)…it’s that the vast majority also share such horrible racist/derpy memes plus the begging for gofundme donations when Goatee McOakley face gains his ‘Angel wings’.

15 Likes

The HCA subreddit SPECIFICALLY posts people that made anti vax / anti science posts on social media. These people literally fucked around and found out. Go clutch pearls somewhere else.

9 Likes

It can be hard to determine sometimes how much of it is evily selfish and how much it is genuinely ignorant from insane propaganda.

If someone is being an asshole about it I go with evily selfish, but sometimes when they post more in a concerned there are times where I think oh this person is just kinda dumb and a victim of propaganda and who they grew up around

My partner is burnt out on the verge of breakdown. She’s working way too many hours, shoveling way too many Covid positive people into a crematory because they believe all the shit their idiot relatives post on Facebook. Kindly fuck off with the concern trolling.

6 Likes

Not my partner, but here’s an idea:

I work at a crematory. It’s real. I can’t do this anymore.

I made a post a few weeks ago about my own abusive stepdad who won his award, and how I cremated him. After seeing the recent post from a funeral director, I wanted to add my perspective to go along with theirs.

I’ve been in the funeral business for about a decade, and have spent most of that time working the crematory. My crematory does not just cremate for our funeral home, but it cremates for several surrounding funeral homes who contract their cremations out to us since they do not have their own machine. So I see a lot of dead people. A LOT.

Before the news stories broke about the 2nd wave, or the 4th wave, or whatever wave we are on now, I already knew well beforehand because I had already seen the hundreds of bodies pile up. I remember telling my girlfriend and my family “be prepared, it’s back, and it’s worse.”
In my almost decade of working here, I have never seen anything like this, we are doing literally double the amount of business and it just doesn’t stop. We have a very large walk-in cooler that can hold about 50 to 60 people, it filled up very quickly so we had to rent a refrigerated tractor trailer, which also filled up very quickly so we got another one. I’ve been working like 13 hour days 8 days in a row, splitting the day in half with my coworker who is doing the same thing. So we are running basically 24/7. We’ve been cremating about 200 people a month (pre-pandemic we were doing 100) Almost all of them are positive with covid.

It has been exhausting. It’s a literal hellscape. I simply can’t do it anymore. I quit this week. Everyone is quitting. My body and my mind and my soul are all exhausted and the company hasnt raised our pay despite my company admitting to making like a billion extra dollars from the pandemic. I have shown up to work every day because if I didn’t then bodies would literally pile up even worse than they are. I have felt a strong dedication to being one of the people who keeps the wheels of society turning during this pandemic by working with all of it’s dead. People simply aren’t seeing this, it’s all behind closed doors, so these people who think covid is a hoax are blind and ignorant to it but I can assure you it is real and it is hell on earth. Bodies everywhere with no end in sight. I don’t know if I will be out of the funeral business forever after this, but I just can’t do it anymore.

EDIT: A lot of people are asking what state I’m at, I don’t really want to say because there are only so many crematories in a given state, but I will say I’m in a large metropolitan area in the deep South.

This post blew up so another edit:

Yes I asked for higher pay, many times. I found a better job months ago and I start it this week.

Yes you can get covid from a dead body but it’s highly unlikely because they don’t breath and only after they recently passed. It dies out usually in a few hours to a day.

No, I never said the rate of death doubled. I said the amount I’m cremating has doubled.
This is because everyone is dying at one time, Whereas before the pandemic deaths were spread out mostly evenly throughout the year, but during this pandemic everyone is dying at the same time and we just don’t have the infrastructure or manpower to deal with it.

And, I love my job. I did this job because it gave me a sense of importance, like I was helping people in dark moments. But I didn’t sign up for the fucking plague. I stayed as long as I could but for my own well-being I have to leave.

Last edit: No I will not take pictures of dead bodies. Not only is it illegal, but unethical. These are people’s loved ones and I don’t think they would want to be on display.
Yes, I would like for people to face the dark reality of this so that they will take it seriously but all I can share is my story.
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I’m no hero, I’m just a worker, like the rest of us, I just happened to be closer to the fire, literally.

13 Likes

I’m seriously supposed to feel bad laughing at these fucking monsters?

10 Likes

Surely we can find differences between a mom who’s wrongly concerned about fertility issues and a megalomanic murderer intentionally killing people… right? Is this really that hard?

And @jwax13 framing my pov and experience as ‘concern trolling’ is more than a little unfair. I’m in there just as much as anyone else. I’m struggling to keep my humanity most days. It’s important to keep it.

3 Likes

Just stop. Just in this thread. You make a good point but no one cares

Let us laugh and dead people

I mean, yes, obviously we can. I’ll grant actual suicide bombers are far worse than HCA winners.

I also get that I don’t have to look these people in the eye as they die, which makes it a lot easier to point and laugh. But I still have zero sympathy for them and I’m glad the aggressively stupid ones suffer the consequences.

2 Likes

I think both positions of this meta-argument are reasonable. I lean more towards the “fuck em” side for mainly this reason:

That said, it’s probably good that there are medical professionals who are a little more empathetic.

8 Likes

Suicide bombers at least give their life for the cause. Some of these pro covid people figure they will be fine and do not care AT ALL that the old and weak suffer. Life is hard, yada yada, I’m in shape and making zero sacrifices for your old, weak ass so too bad so sad.

2 Likes

Sure but you realize that people here were going at someone who wasn’t even aggressively stupid afaict right? They went after the wife of a guy who was aggressively stupid. They have kids. It’s an utter tragedy.

And I’m not calling for anyone banned or whatever, but damn that’s a line that I think we shouldn’t cross as a community.

2 Likes

She wasn’t vaccinated

In a pandemic that killed millions

Just stop

Right. I, on the other hand, will only be donating boot-straps to these people.

Can’t blame healthcare professionals for checking-out either tbh, unbeilevable amount of stress they must be under.

4 Likes

You can’t save anyone.

dude you have to keep your humanity because you need to treat these people and have a job that sucks right now and is super important.

we don’t. we get to laugh, ridicule and enjoy the misery of these assholes.

afaik this is the only dedicated thread to it. just don’t read it. it’s not like you don’t have a point here, it’s that we don’t care about it. the last 18 months have been hell. these people actively keep the gates to hell open. fuck em.

5 Likes

Does UP really require a safe place to laugh at dead people without any sort of judgment? Surely not… right?

1 Like