Dead and nearly departed Covidiots

Thats a little unnecessary.

There’s definitely an element of mocking and laughing. At least in my opinion. And having an opinion you disagree with isn’t an excuse to jump to “go back and read the thread” patronizing either.

The point I was trying to make was that shitting on strangers (which I dont have a real issue with) feels fundamentally different than actively doing something to someone you know.

You’re right. You haven’t been patronizing in this thread for weeks. Unfortunately, I’m a lesser person than you, and I think people like this should be ridiculed and shamed in public for pushing my partner to the verge of a breakdown and for making this country a shit hole for reasonable people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pvbn8d/antivaxxers_invade_staten_island_food_court_where/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

4 Likes

Oh shit you don’t even live here hahahahahha. I love being lectured by non-Americans on uniquely American issues. GMAFB

I’m really confused by this degree of venom, and by your response in general.

1. I’m not saying that you can’t ridicule these people.

2. You first said that it wasn’t about mocking. Then went off about your ight to ridicule these folks. Cool… so we agree. Why are you arguing with me?

3. You know that anti vaxxers and covid exist outside of America, right? How is this a “uniquely American issue”? What a weird thing to say.

4. I dont think I’ve patronized anyone in this thread, so I’m not sure what that’s about.

All around I’m just baffled by this exchange. The only thing I can think of is you think I’m coming in on the side of the debate that was judging everyone just for participating in the thread, and have just gone off half cocked. It’s weird. Take some deep breaths.

5 Likes

I think you are reading way too much into this. Some people have a lot of skin in the game with family who are at risk in majority unvaxxed areas where the disinformation spreads like wildfire, so of course the online tone is going to be trollish towards these assholes.

Let’s compare the situation between Australia and Oklahoma, shall we? We just passed 10,000 deaths for a state with a population of 3M. We are the most conservative state in the country, with half the people here steadfastly refusing a free jab. Our daily new case rate here fluctuates between 2,000-4,000 people a day (but we are well at testing capacity). When those people die, my partner (who is one of the only people at the funeral home that will work late and on weekends) has to run the crematory for a funeral home that does cremations for ~ a dozen in the city. There’s a mobile cooler in her parking lot full of bodies because they are well over capacity.

Sounds pretty comparable to your situation, right? Forgive me for not crying over spilled Q casualties. Feel free to ignore this thread and my posting.

5 Likes

Totally not patronizing

Didn’t realize how rough you had it in a country with universal healthcare and a government that takes the virus seriously. My apologies.

1 Like

Are those total numbers?

Indeed.

Australia has some geographic advantage, but Oklahoma is just stupid (really not trying to single it out vs rest of USA#1)

I don’t get the hostility here, or why Australians can’t have meaningful opinions on the HCA phenomenon. We as a species all have skin in this game. imo people just have differing ideas on how much edgelording and mockery is appropriate.

Remember when people with universal healthcare talked down to people like Vic and myself because we had reservations about voting for the status quo? LOL. Thank god the democrats have all 3 branches of government now!

People get mad about Victor over how abrasive he is, not that people here think the USA will be transformed if dems control govt.

1 Like

My parents were put at risk yesterday when their asshole neighbors decided it was fine to engage them to return some trivial item and then disclose they both currently have covid. You know, because it’s jUsT tHe fLu and all of the numbers are made up by Dr. Fauci and his New World Order conspiracy team. I have other close family who were traumatized by the loss of a baby and are being swayed by fertility disinformation. These fuckloads are actively killing people, absolutely no one is going to do anything about it, and we’re worried about them paying the harsh penalty of [checks notes] being mocked?

14 Likes

It’s jwax. I would have been confused if his post hadn’t been needlessly venomous

The ratio of terrible famous people dying to posts posted ITT is alarming. jk

3 Likes

What’s the difference between a poster whom works for a weapons manufacturing company and the Covid-19 deniers?

1 Like

If I won’t mock people who work for weapons manufactures, I won’t mock the little people whom are blinded by the establishment.

In a world of disinformation you can’t exactly blame the uneducated, after all the establishment have planned for an event just like this and the’ve probably took their chances at killing the old and weak again during a Pandemic as it gets rid of all those whom don’t pay there way with healthcare etc, I. E. All the losers were seeing posted in these very threads with go-fund-me accounts of $77.

I also kept hearing on this very forum that most of these RWNJ were “totally gone” and never coming back, if that’s the case it’s no wonder we’re seeing the shit we’re seeing in America, the backwater places are exactly that and it’s deliberate, think about what your doing and as NBZ would usually say, attack the source, but again y’all are frightened little boys, pointing and laughing when one from the other side takes a loss, its like watching a kids movie, now grown the fuck up and grow some courage, it may be difficult to understand what I’m saying, but we all know the causes, therefore attack the $ funding this stuff and chase the funders not the victims, if we want a better world with a better educated population, then we need to be bigger than this.

I’ll finish with that I’m not calling anyone out for any posts mocking people in here specifically or in general, as it’s entirely understandable, it’s just that if we want a better society overall we do need to attack the people pushing the Anti-Vax stuff, the RW think-tanks etc that don’t give a shit about the little folk, attack the desease at the root and not when it flowers.

1 Like

Nah mate. These people aren’t that poor or that downtrodden and there’s better information available literally everywhere. If there’s one thing that’s been made abundantly clear over the last 5 years, for me at least, it’s that these people are hateful because they’ve chosen hate of their own free will.

I know it’s not super super easy to understand from Scotland, but racism is these people’s big anchoring belief… because telling themselves that they are better than POC’s is how these people cope with the crippling insecurity of falling short of their wildly unrealistic dreams. (I’m not suggesting there’s no racism in Scotland… just that it’s not as dominant a factor as it is here)

I used to agree with your point of view, heck I was busy talking about converting this crowd and messaging in the aftermath of the 2018 elections on this site. I genuinely thought these people were reachable. I thought that they were being manipulated.

I was totally wrong. Fox News exists because these people very badly wanted a news channel like that. And when Fox News tried to pull back they responded by finding more extreme news sources like Newsmax/OAN. GOP politicians have tried to get off this ride literally dozens of times over the last five years, but every single time one of them tries the base pretty much ends their career on the spot.

There is tremendous demand for this shit in this country and no matter what someone will always be happy to fill that demand, because it’s a sure fire road to wealth and power. The only solution is to make the life of the average person better, educate the next generation better, and wait for these assholes to die… because their minds aren’t going to do any changing.

And I say this as someone who has a sibling who is a full bore no mask anti vaxxer who totally lost contact with reality years ago. I’ve literally lost a sibling to this crap, and it’s not because he wasn’t offered better information. I argued with him, pleaded with him, tried to calmly explain, and everything in between. He wants to live in an alternate reality.

9 Likes

What an odd comment. They also have racist idiots over in Scotland.

1 Like