COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

My parents 58 year old unvaccinated otherwise healthy pastor got unplugged and died today. They had an all night unmasked prayer vigil at the church last night literally throughout the night to try and save him.

12 Likes

The terrible people thread is thataway

1 Like

Agreed but I had posted about him here previously so did not want the people too good to enter that thread to miss it. He fucked around and found out. No sympathy.

1 Like

In other fuck them all news we have:

1 Like

Full sized horse doses. Why not? Iā€™ll be as healthy as a horse!

6 Likes

67,896 students underwent COVID tests in Prague. Only 38 came back positive (none in my school).

Czech Republic is currently 26th of 27 EU member states in daily new cases per capita (18.74 daily cases per million people). Only Poland is lower. By comparison, the United States sits 499.87.

4 Likes

havenā€™t had that happen yet, maybe I should study want happensā€¦

Iā€™m guessing, without lookingā€¦ NAC?

Question: How does Israel have so many covid cases as of late (over 1,000 cases per 1M people per day) when its vaccination rate was so darnn high?

The clinical signs of ivermectin toxicity were determined in 6 groups of 10 epileptic and 8 non-epileptic chickens for 72 h

oh man toxicology literature is always my favorite.

4 Likes

Original vaccine effectiveness is waning + delta is more contagious + only 62% of the population is actually fully vaccinated + they lifted all their restrictions in celebration of their earlier success.

1 Like

Without boosters, pretty much every country will become like Israel then.

Seems that covid is a twice a year booster for us forever.

Apparently, people who were fully vaccinated will receive notification of when they will be eligible for a booster by the end of September. Not sure if theyā€™ll give teachers priority like the Czech government did earlier this year. Hope they do.

Alternately, get it once or twice a year and try not to die.

Control over COVID with this generation of vaccines (at least with the original dosing) requires vaccines AND NPI and they dropped the NPI. Vaccines combined with universal masks, reducing gatherings when possible, no indoor dining etc does seem likely to control but not eliminate COVID with this generation of vaccines.

1 Like

This seems likely. It seems like to stop new variants from popping up each year would require global vaccination, and rich countries canā€™t even get themselves vaccinated. So itā€™ll be regular vaccination for some and to hell with everyone else.

Deaths per capita still lower than the US.

Fauci speculates that this should be a three dose vaccine (not uncommon with vaccines) and that this will be more durable. Hope he is right, obviously no one knows. There are paths where it is boosters every six months for awhile.

Personally I have stopped pining for a return to normal that may never come and am trying to find joy in the new normal world. Will be a lot easier once my kids are vaccinated.

7 Likes

I mean, if this thing goes endemic, itā€™s going to become just one of many minor bugs that float around every year as everyoneā€™s immune system adapts. That sort of is a return to normal.

Iā€™ve always hated this actor and now I have a rational reason why. Hopefully Hollywood stops casting him.

Miles Teller was unvaccinated and refused a Covid test before testing positive on a Hollywood set, shutting down production, a senior industry source claims.

Yes, eventually, but lots of potential tough paths there and the paper I read on it in nature (donā€™t have the link now but can go back and find it if needed, probably can find through google) speculates on a 3 to 30 year timeline to get there depending on a variety of factors. So I am exaggerating slightly when I say a normal that never returns (there are paths where that happens, but they are somewhat unlikely and involve the real doom scenarios where taking these vaccines stops us from generating antibodies against mutations) but I also am not gonna spend the next 20 years pining for 2019.

30 or 40% of folks never cared, and every day more and more of those who tried to carry the idiots on their backs are throwing in the towel and heading to a concert or football game.

Iā€™ll have a chuckle when Iā€™m inevitably dying of this after isolating myself for a couple years.

3 Likes