COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Poker pro I know is reluctantly getting his vaccine because of the WSOP policy. He would rather not, citing his previous infection, but he feels he has no choice, economically.

A guy I used to play poker with is reportedly in dire straits because of COVID. His Facebook profile pic says “I have an immune system”. Before that, it said “I don’t care if you have had your vaccine”. He’s an ultra-scummy fat piece of shit. How scummy? He spent some time in the used car business and the used car dealers I play with make fun of how much of a scammer he is. How fat? I joke that he’s a human chode who is wider than he is tall. I’ve seen him have to take a break crossing the poker room because he was out of breath.

He’s a shitty poker player who thinks he’s good, but he moved away so I only see him a couple of times a year when he comes to visit and I’m not missing much in EV if he dies. I glad I can finally root for the death of someone I know personally.

2 Likes

That’s a good point and I hadn’t really thought of it from that angle.

I just can’t even imagine losing a child like that. I don’t even want to think about it.

It’s because you couldn’t. It would be impossible. There would have to be a readily available, effective vaccine pretty much available on every street corner that you would have prevented them from receiving.

you missed one important bit, “people in rich countries tell each other that the boosters would have just expired before they could get to the poor countries because of ‘supply chain issues’ so it’s ok”

1 Like

You make it sound like that is not actually true in a lot of cases.

If there is a path for a dose of vaccine at my local CVS (and they’re routinely discarding expired product) to make its way to Africa, I’m all ears.

1 Like

once it’s AT your CVS, no, but these things don’t just spring into existence at the CVS. the manufacturing has been underway for months and supply chain planning started months before that. there’s nothing wrong with the supply chain at this point that is prevent doses from getting to the 3rd world, it’s 100% a function of the choices rich countries have made.

1 Like

Well, if they’re routinely discarding doses, then that would be sufficient evidence of some sort of supply chain problem (clearly they’re receiving too many doses).

Does anyone have a good handle on how high our vaccination rate might be for the 12+ people if literally everyone wanted the vaccine badly (i.e., so the only impediment would be creating infrastructure to get the shots in arms).

I’m just guessing but I’d put it at 90%. But maybe I’m overestimating how accessible it is for everyone. Anyone have a wildly different guess?

The Natalie Tran references aren’t really a bit. I just like her. She seems genuine and nice.

1 Like

Chris Sununu, the 47 year old vaxxed Republican governor of NH, was hospitalized with lingering flu symptoms despite 3 negative COVID tests.

Turns out it was just a bleeding ulcer.

Parachutes may not always stop you from falling from your death.

1 Like

I’m not sure they actually are discarding doses, it’s just something people say

If you google florida weekly covid report, it has under 12 population numbers.

Wait, wat? Under 12s are not approved for the vaccine.

My question was about vaccination rate. So for under 12, it should be approx zero.

Data from the US, where millions of young teenagers have been vaccinated, suggests there are 60 cases of the heart condition for every million second doses given to 12 to 17-year-old boys (compared to eight in one million girls).

USA Cases 0-17: 570k
USA Deaths 0-17: 400
Death Rate 0-17: 700 per million cases (did the math quick here, if I screwed it up apologies)

More notably, from the AAP:

Among 285 cases with a known outcome, 270 were discharged, most to their homes. About 81% have made a full recovery, and the rest had ongoing symptoms or unknown status. Fifteen are still hospitalized, including three in intensive care.

https://www.aappublications.org/news/2021/06/10/covid-vaccine-myocarditis-rates-061021

That’s a pretty fucking stupid ‘science’ they’re doing.

@勢さん、did you get your second shot? How did it go?

A recent study from Israel reported that mRNA COVID-19 vaccination was associated with an elevated risk for myocarditis (risk ratio = 3.24; 95% CI = 1.55–12.44); in the same study, a separate analysis showed that SARS-CoV-2 infection was a strong risk factor for myocarditis (risk ratio = 18.28, 95% CI = 3.95–25.12) ( 4 ).

FIGURE 2 . Adjusted risk ratio (A) and adjusted risk difference (B) of myocarditis comparing patients with and without COVID-19, overall and by sex and age group — Premier Healthcare Database Special COVID-19 Release, United States, March 2020–January 2021*

32x RR here. That’s umm… #notgood

That’s irrelevant.

So wait wut?

Myocarditis risk w Covid is 10x the risk of the jab?

Plus a further multiple risk of serious covid?

So in teens:

So like 10x the myocarditis risk plus 70/1M risk of Covid death

Vs a lower risk of myocarditis and essentially 0 risk of Covid death with the jab?

What am I missing?

On top of that, the vast majority of people with myocarditis recover fine.

1 Like