COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

It’s going around. My family had it. 9 year old daughter first for a handful of days. My wife for about a week, and I’m at the tail end of it for about a week.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ChaseMit/status/1433819621358911493

18 Likes

Update on (failed) mayoral candidate and insurrectionist Ken Reddick:

The post is public if you want to read the inane comments. Apparently the vaccine doesn’t work because two people in the ICU next to slapdick here were vaccinated.

Guess Ned has his moments.

LOL at this report. The commission apparently is ignoring the likelihood that children can spread COVID even if most won’t get seriously ill.

But to let you know how serious the commission is taking this, they claim that vaxxing 12-15 year old kids will cause significant disruption if:

1. They need to leave class to get the vax.
  2. They may be sick or sore for a couple of days afterwards.

Sounds like some super bigly science happening across the pond.

7 Likes

It stops infection to some degree, which obviously stops transmission. And it also reduces transmission for those who get infected.

The vaccine absolutely reduces transmission, there’s an assload of data backing that up.

3 Likes

Agreed.

UK has 3m 12-15yrs olds so that must be six 12-15yrs olds that ended up in intensive care. So, it would be rare for a body considering only 12-15yr olds (in the UK) to recommend mass vaccination when maybe >6 might have issues (not anti-vaxx here FFS)

JCVI believes, from weekly school testing inc. PCR for many asymptomatic and symptomatics, that ‘up to 50%’ of the age group already had it.

I hope they get vaxxed but won’t be surprised if we abstain a little longer, based on the above.

Maybe this has more to do with herd immunity being less of a thing than it used to

“I took precautions” my aching, juicy asshole

Whats the rate of myocarditis in unvaccinated children that get Covid?

2 Likes

wait wat

1 Like

I can’t even, I mean JFC WTF

If your child literally dying of Covid can’t break the spell then nothing can.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_news/mom-still-opposes-vaccine-after-her-13-year-old-son-dies-from-covid-19/article_d6bc9272-c909-5bd3-931b-ad78dd5d259d.html

The paramedic and mother of two said she chose not to vaccinate her son because she felt there was not enough research on the vaccine, and she feels the success rate of the vaccine preventing COVID-19 is low.

Even after losing her son, she said she is still not sure if she will now get vaccinated because she believes there is not enough research done on the vaccines. However, she does support a mask mandate, especially in schools.

1 Like

Antivaxx moms are more set in their beliefs than the nuttiest evangelicals.

I’m convinced the wives are the reason behind 95%+ of the unvaxxed football. They have time to go down youtube rabbit holes all day.

Might be interesting to see how many unvaxxed bachelors there are.

How about that?

I mean going pro vaxx would be admitting her ignorance killed her child. At that point it’s an understandable coping mechanism. Just hope she doesn’t have more kids

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking this as well.

But if she has more kids, she really needs to wake the fuck up.

If she dies of COVID, she won’t.

:+1:

5 Likes

She has another kid. She was in the hospital herself with Covid when her son died.