COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

It is just so hard to accept all the stupid. I don’t blame vaccinated people who have been responsible for 18 months for YOLOing now.

3 Likes

It makes sense. Why should the vaccinated suffer for the unvaccinated? Let the irresponsible suffer their fate and the responsible live their lives sensibly.

I mean it is an oversimplification of the current situation but the idea makes sense to me. I shouldn’t punish myself because 40% of my country can’t be bothered to get a vaccine. Let that 40% die/get sick and the rest move on.

Italy is talking about a vaccine mandate. To me, it’s the only way out and should’ve been done months ago. Once you get the first vaccine, the boosters are up to the individual. But yeah way too soft on the vaccine around the world.

1 Like

It’s easy to accept the stupid if you already thought everyone was a fucking moron.

The reason I’ve always been super anti-libertarian is that I have always thought everyone is an idiot, so I am incredibly sceptical of any framework that relies on trusting everyone to make their own decisions.

4 Likes

The feeling is understandable, but the results are PICU full and a breeding ground for vaccine evading variants

3 Likes

He is in the Top Gun sequel. Tom Cruise must not have read him the riot act.

1 Like

I’m to the point of actively fist pumping at every unvaccinated adult death. I really don’t care if that makes me a bad person, I’m just completely out of patience and sympathy.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Sort of a case by case thing. I’m certainly not shedding tears for all these right wing radio hosts dying, have more sympathy for the frontline worker who has concerns about the vaccine and who fears missing paychecks if they have symptoms from vaccination.

I never heard this excuse in earnest from anyone.

1 Like

I’m not counting those. I don’t know anyone who was more scared of missing work from that than COVID.

I don’t know anyone personally, but I also run in privileged circles and twitter folk actually running vaccination efforts do seem to think it is a factor for at least some people.

I’m not saying it’s not out there. I (like you, apparently) have just never heard it.

So, not in earnest?

They are testing 5x the USA. You do more testing you get more cases.
-DJT

1 Like

15 counts of murder should get the jab and I don’t mean a vaccine

https://www.rawstory.com/florida-school-staff-deaths/

1 Like

With everyone laughing at the faker with Maderna, makes me wonder how my vax card will go over if ever inspected.

Got J&J and ‘nurse’ at Walgreens put down a single Janssen on my card along with my wife’s.

2 Likes

That’s fine. Janssen manufactures the vaccine. They’re owned by J&J.

4 Likes

I’m equal parts relieved and disappointed.

10 Likes

Someone at my work insists their doctor told them not to get vaccinated because they’re allergic to an ingredient in the vaccines. That’s BS, right?

Assuming the allergy is legit, then that’s probably one of the few reasons that makes sense.

For example someone with a severe polyethylene glycol allergy couldn’t get pfizer or moderna.

I don’t know about J&J, though. I don’t think it has PEG, but I’d have to look to be sure.

Is there any component that is common to all 3 vaccines? I can’t get arsed up to look into it right now. But if there isn’t, then they would have to be allergic to more than one thing.

Anyone who is not BSing should be able to tell you the exact component that they are allergic to.