COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Great post. Much better than the Arguments based on a lot of speculation.

Bottom line, we need another shot in spring or summer. Maybe it’s the same again, maybe it’s different.

Meanwhile the unvaxxed continue to suffer and the rest of us remain vulnerable to something that is truly escaping and worse than delta. We stay ahead by vaccination as best we can. We hope the new drugs are a good third line of defense (2nd line is sane NPI decisions when cases/variants dictate)

And the poor countries of the world get no choice. They get unrecognized suffering and serve as the most obvious breeding grounds for the next strains.

lol my twitter feed just knows what gonna get engagement doesn’t it

https://twitter.com/ikepoker/status/1475651107489665025

1 Like

Antigen or PCR?

I don’t exactly doubt these observations, but I also think confirmation bias is gonna be hard to overcome here.

Some positive news today (still preprint), one study shows omnicron seems to enhance immunity to delta.

2 Likes

New CDC guidance for length of quarantine: Just ask your boss.

7 Likes

Antigen I assume. But given that it’s been 5 days since their first contact, 4 days since I contacted them and none of us have any symptoms, it’s an all clear to me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1475657353387298819

Not sure where they are pulling the number from.

Japan had 217 yesterday.

2 Likes

Lots of backfilling on Worldometers. I’d say you’re a dog at this point.

Fuck me, 3,500 deaths in one day in the US.

1 Like

Yup, 235k 7dma after today. Going to be pretty hard to win now lol. Might lose by tomorrow. Although the next 3 days are mid-high 200s. So there would still need to be some pretty large numbers in the next 5 days to get there.

Where did you see this?

Worldometer, but it looks like there was some backfilling going on. Still crazy.

fuckin hell. i got a weeks more of shifts then i’m done for 7 weeks, hopefully i’ll be clear for the worst of it

9 Likes

And god fucking dammit I’m going to have to cancel my orange bowl trip fucking hell

5 Likes

Also the cdc can go fuck off. Their recommendation for hcws to return to work after 5 days if asymptomatic is going to be abused as fuck by employers

The AHA? They can fuck off and die. Their new recommendations not to wait for PPE for cpr is fundamentally wrong.

2 Likes

Did not dodge the bullets, it appears. Have a sore throat and chills and an at-home antigen test is positive. Going to get PCR this morning. Almost certainly got it at the hospital and was completely unavoidable, which is a big feels bad.

My wife is negative so far, though, on the plus side. Baby seems OK but we are monitoring.

Data points: I’m boosted, wife had her initial round but wasn’t eligible for booster and was going to get it ASAP after the baby was born.

36 Likes

Crazy the speed at which unstuckers are getting pozzed this time around.

1 Like

Last time only Suzzer was flying around vacationing. This time we all are.

4 Likes