COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Anything out there about this variant and mask effectiveness atm, ie 20 minutes n95 in a grocery store of mostly masked vaccinated peeps = how much mitigation? If it’s at all possible I’d still prefer to dodge this thing.

Too many other variables to control for.

Here you go:

1 Like

About 45% mask coverage at a norcal Khols after California institutes an indoor mask requirement. Three employees with masks around chin.

Top notch effort here. Cancelled Christmas plans with family after hearing my sisters anti-vax husband will be there.

4 Likes

Yeah your total tests always coming up to 65,536 should be a red flag.

4 Likes

But it matches.

xmas is six days so that’s going to vastly accelerate that timeline

Well she’s got my thoughts and prayers…

https://www.rawstory.com/sarah-palin-vaccine-2656070217/

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KatieHill4CA/status/1472247898918240260?t=Q0CmacgPW7PACkop_Ac3xw&s=19

Wow is this Covid testing stuff insanely complex. Apparently I will need a rapid pcr test to get back to Canada. It’s called RT-PCR.

Everyone is telling me I can get this free at CVS but I’m finding tons of placing doing it for $200-$300. How can a market exist free at one place and hundreds at another? I can’t figure out any differences.

Good luck getting an appointment for the free one. That’s the market.

like 25 senators missed votes on friday, so i’m guessing a decent percentage of the senate was exposed. we know the southwest ceo tested positive after testifying maskless on wednesday.

more positives would not at all be surprising in the next few days.

This.

CVS is not a great place to get an appointment for a PCR in times of high demand. There are mass testing sites out there where your likelihood of getting an appointment is much higher, especially if scheduled far in advance. Those are still free also.

Maskless and coughing.

The Omicron Variant

3 Likes

“There’s no doubt about this, [Omicron] has an extraordinary capability of spreading,” Dr Anthony Fauci told NBC’s Meet the Press programme on Sunday.

Dr Fauci, who advises the US government on the pandemic, said the variant was now “raging through the world”.

Countries are tightening measures as the heavily mutated variant spreads.

In Europe, France and Germany are among those to issue travel restrictions and the Netherlands has imposed a strict lockdown over Christmas.

Governments are also ramping up their Covid booster vaccination programmes after researchers said the additional shot could provide around 85% protection against severe illness.

NSW is at roughly 94% of the 16+ population having had at least two vaccine shots. They have 33 people in ICU. 26 of them are unvaccinated.

4 Likes

It looks like those were antigen test kits. Clovis needs PCR.

1 Like

They gave those out here on Friday too. Yes antigen. Can’t be used for travel. I have 10 tests of those.