COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

I hear those Levain cookies are the shit. Hope you stopped by to get one.

3 Likes

No Levain today, but I did get a bagel with lox from Zabar’s

1 Like

https://twitter.com/emollick/status/1472223729056841732

When bad UI gets people killed.

I bet Microsoft curly quotes and em-dashes have killed thousands of people in various snafus. Also cost $billions in lost person-hours due to software bugs.

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with that, I guess.

Assigning a numerical value to deaths based on people not getting contact-traced seems really speculative.

2 Likes

Call the pediatrician if you’re concerned. That’s what I would do.

I had it once for six weeks. The working theory was that the nurse used bad technique when injecting the shot (flu shot). It was sore AF the first week and noticeable long after that. Eventually it got better without doing anything specific.

1 Like

Yeah I had it at no more than 1,360 deaths.

Just passed my covid test to fly. I swear I was more worried about this test than my PhD candidacy exam! :grinning:

6 Likes

Clipboard01

This guy gets it.

It’s amazing how many business critical applications, especially databases, are expressed as Excel hot-messes. It’s an artform.

3 Likes

Just got an email from my company asking everyone in New York to work remotely. I’ve only been into the office a few times this year, but it’s technically been open for several months now. The plan was to resume semi-regular work from office in January.

same plans here, expecting the same email in next few weeks

Somehow it got worse. I woke up with a fever of 102, tremors, nausea, dizziness, extreme weakness, muscle aches, and a splitting headache. Anybody get that? I felt basically nothing after the first two full doses.

3 Likes

I got all of that. It lasted 24hrs (started 12hrs after shot). Was ~100% at 48hrs.

2 Likes

Meh. Mostly meh because I doubt we have the testing capacity to pick up 1 million cases a day.

2 Likes

it’s like we’re back at the beginning!

13 Likes

All true, but also hitting the xls row limit is a hint. Their problem requires a database, not excel.

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1472681405293293570?s=20

Why? If I’m reading ir correctly. Different areas had a greater or lesser proportion of people contact traced. And that correlated with greater or lesser covid deaths…