COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Thanks for the vid. I’m sold.

There is a place near me that makes what I now know is clearly a knock-off of that cookie. It’s very good (not GOAT though). I’m looking forward to trying the original.

I hope it’s better than my Magnolia experience. Those cupcakes were good but certainly not as good as I was expecting based on the hype.

That covid test comment is going to define Psaki’s career.

7 Likes

There could be real unintended side-effects of having insurance reimburse this (as opposed to just giving them out for free). People could buy them en-masse and resell them creating a shortage, while also getting reimbursed. They clearly should just give the fucking things out.

Levain is legit

You go to magnolia for banana pudding not cupcakes btw

1 Like

News on the vaccine front: nanoparticle vaccines, which might produce a better response and be much easier to administer, seem to be working in monkeys:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/scitranslmed.abi5735

So they’ll be ready by like 2028 then? (And in 2-5 year olds by 2034).

It seems like a very powerful tool for the next global disease outbreak that comes along.

My parents bought a few at home test kits two weeks ago. $14 for two tests. They went to order more this week and the price was now $35. Such a failure of government to not be giving these out like lollipops at the bank.

1 Like

One of my coworkers told me this. So, you’re saying I should pull the trigger on an online order?

Not quite that much, I’m afraid. I’d say closer to Michelle Williams/Gosling.

I would also not describe the frostings as the bomb, though they were still quite good.

Lazy Sunday GOAT.

Then I’d never go. Not a huge fan of banana. Or pudding for that matter.

I’ve never ordered online from them, so I don’t know how fresh/quality the cookies are when they arrive. But IME they keep pretty well for a day or two after I’ve bought them so I’d imagine it’s just fine.

1 Like

Cookies >>>>> cupcakes come at me bro

Who would disagree with that?

Only way would be to rig it with a particularly shitty cookie vs a GOAT cupcake.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/12/17/this-is-unprecedented-omicron-causes-80-of-coronavirus-cases-in-miami-dade-in-2-weeks/

Not exactly thrilled I’m seeing the liberal intelligentsia on Twitter start saying things like everyone’s going to get Covid, why are colleges putting restrictions on low risk students and the like

I imagine the Germans weren’t thrilled when the Allies crossed the Rhine either

4 Likes

“I stand here tonight in a sombre mood. And a lot of people watching will feel that way too,” Mr Rutte told a news conference on Saturday. “To sum it up in one sentence, the Netherlands will go back into lockdown from tomorrow.”

Give this a few years and it’ll be called the Christmas Virus

2 Likes