COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Thank you

2 Likes

The US administered 491,892,649 doses of Covid-19 vaccines in the country as of Friday morning and distributed 606,975,165 doses, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said.
Those figures are up from the 490,030,849 vaccine doses the CDC said had gone into arms by Thursday out of 602,523,315 doses delivered. The agency said 240,775,382 people had received at least one dose while 203,479,206 people were fully vaccinated as of 6am ET on Friday, Reuters reports.

Knock this stupidity off.

1 Like

I had J&J and put up a poll ITT a couple of months ago, asking what booster I should get. The results were Moderna > Pfizer >>> J&J, so I got Moderna.

6 Likes

I actually did cite the relevant pages to look at. I could help you find the SA data, but Iā€™m definitely not going to do that because, as I said, I am actively uninterested in having a discussion with you about this.

1 Like

iā€™m confused because that page contains nothing about mortality and later pages contradict you. Youā€™ve clearly misread the symptomatic effectiveness data as mortality data (that is the 70% you see), and instead of admitting the mistake, youā€™re doing this.

1 Like

Intensely, passionately not interested.

2 Likes

ā€œControlling for vaccine status, age, sex, ethnicity, asymptomatic status, region and specimen date, Omicron was associated with a 5.4-fold higher risk of reinfection compared with Delta,ā€ the study, which was dated Dec. 16, added.

Imperial College said in a statement: ā€œThis implies that the protection against reinfection by Omicron afforded by past infection may be as low as 19%.ā€ The institution also noted that the study had not yet been peer reviewed.

Huh?

If it was 1 in a million before, now it is 5.4 in a million (5.4 times more likely) how does that equal only 19% protection from reinfection ?

Apparently it was 79.75% before.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Topic was closed due to the mass amount of flags due to the obvious troll who I banned. Iā€™m just trying to play Halo with my friendsā€¦. Be adults.

2 Likes

Thank you. Resume your slaughter.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the toughest COVID lockdown weā€™ll ever see in the US

38 Likes

@bestof

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaxKingIsDead/status/1471997849764339723

8 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for dealing with this bullshit.

4 Likes