COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

One hour ago:

iā€™m not reading a 68 page presentation. Can you point to what part of that you are referring to? Can you cite the SA numbers? Can you avoid the catty comments?

Your presentation shows numbers 88%-97% for death after a very quick read. So lmk when you have data backing your assertion.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1471872777820917763

17 Likes

Everyone chill out, all this sniping is obnoxious. Thereā€™s very little we know yet about how severe Omicron is. Preliminary stuff from SA is promising but preliminary.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fall 2021 LC Threadā€”I Want Sous Vide

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-rfk-jr-cheryl-hines-covid-vaccine-20211217-baic42shfzbszplhtumcftvfca-story.html

https://twitter.com/brittlestar/status/1471898438707068935

3 Likes

Cvs didnā€™t give a sticker. Just hand wrote in bottom space. So suss.

Donā€™t trust anyone w two first names.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fall 2021 LC Threadā€”I Want Sous Vide

Iā€™ve been staying out of these but cā€™mon man. Do you really believe what you write or are you trolling?

There are immunity factors besides antibodies. Any edge the body has is a big force multiplier to avoid severe disease. Lots of factors at play. We can cite all the reasons why itā€™s not as bad or worse or that the product of cases x morbidity is better or worse. Making any conclusions with high confidence is foolish.

The level of certainty itt seems to inversely proportional to the level of relevant expertise.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not trolling at all. Of course I believe that no one yet knows whether omicron deaths are going to rise horribly or not. Iā€™ve posted to that effect several times (Iā€™ve also posted links that support it being possibly less deadly than delta, in theory). Iā€™ve constantly been saying we should wait until the end of the month. Go back and look at the posts.

Half of adults in the UK have now had a Covid-19 booster dose after the programme was accelerated this week amid the Omicron variant.

A total of 26.3 million people aged 18 and over have received a vaccine top-up.

The government said the milestone makes the UKā€™s booster rollout one of the fastest in the whole wide world.

1 Like

This is factually incorrect. R0 values are rates of people who get infected, not a total of the number that get infected. You can greatly increase R0 without greatly increasing total infected.

1 Like

I already knew she was married to him, but this gives me some hope that sheā€™s not as big a shithead as him.

Obviously. Point addressed above wrt plenty of vulnerable people (age and other factors) left in the UK who delta was already killing, and 50% of population isnā€™t boosted.

This does not make sense in the context of your previous posts, but if you want to withdraw your previous point thatā€™s cool.

1 Like

Wat, no ā€œwalk it backā€? I admire the restraint. The metamorphosis is a sight to behold.

4 Likes

Please donā€™t post things like this without a source.

2 Likes

Covid live: half of UK adults receive booster vaccine; Ireland sets 8pm curfew for hospitality venues Covid live: half of UK adults receive booster vaccine; Ireland sets 8pm curfew for hospitality venues ā€” as it happened | Coronavirus | The Guardian

4 Likes