COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Can you just exile all non covid posts rehashing old covid shit to the adults acting like children thread?

3 Likes

Honestly, this is the only real endgame I see for Covid. Manufacturing increasing enough so that there is enough supply of vaccines and boosters for the entire world. It’ll require the drug companies giving up their IP on this. Hopefully that happens sooner rather then later. Another route would be the Chinese or someone hacking the drug companies and stealing their IP on this. That would also be a net positive for humanity.

I banned you because I interpreted you saying “we have to pretend vaccines are the answer” as antivax and not as you arguing that we need to remain cautious even with vaccines because they aren’t 100% effective, sorry for that.

2 Likes

This has been ongoing for 18+ months

The National Cyber Security Centre says it handled a record 777 incidents between August 2020 and September 2021.

Its annual review said protecting the health sector became an urgent priority over the period.

The NCSC - part of GCHQ - said one in five incidents were aimed at organisations with links to health.

2 Likes

I think expecting people to research poorly sourced claims like “see Hawaii” is much more of a homework assignment than finding an article to reference before making the post and omitting references opens up the possibility of people responding to other less relevant parts of the post.

There’s only shitty links to that. Not my normal ‘bullet proof’ links. Hawaii stopped the use of moniconal, then when their excellent methods of analysis stated delta plus was dropping, they re-introduced moniclonal (from memory). The point is, it probably wasn’t dropping (it isn’t here). So, that’s why I didn’t leave a shitty link for peeps to rip upon the link only, and have a crap on churchill and invited them to search themselves.

Like JT stated, we all have google.

This is a legitimate question and not trying to attack you: If you realized that even your own links were shitty and the claim you were making was not supported by evidence, then why did you make it?

1 Like

I left no link? Studies are onging here. I’ll leave a link when the studies are completed here.

It is backed up by Hawaiian evidence and Biden removing supply of monicolnal.

You guys are like my mum - ‘it’s not what you said, but how you said it’ - except i didn’t say it, CBC did

The reality is that the evidence for monoclonal antibodies was never particularly good. Not sure what you’re going on about. Posting an actual source would be helpful.

I heard there was another surge

Itt

5 Likes

It’s not how you said it, it’s what you said. Your evidence for the fact that monclonal antibodies aren’t working for Delta+ is that Hawaii stopped and then restarted using them? That’s it?

Hawaii can’t measure IMO. Up thread, I already said it. Your CDC thinks 99.9% of 65-somethings have had two doses FFS. They spotted something, then were under pressure to forget that.

Sounds familiar.

Johnny, did you just announce in your closing paragraph your intention to be a major disruption today in this thread?

Should be a fun day for the mods

It seems very dubious to cite “Hawaii” as evidence for monoclonals not working and then claim Hawaii can’t measure COVID cases.

1 Like

Only guessing but i suspect yanks need a test (PCR) to get into Hawaii? And they saw something they’d read about, but not in the US press :) A little like how the UK have always known about variants, before the countries bringing them in

Ok so what actually happened is that delta+ was found to be circulating at higher than 5% in Hawaii, so the FDA stopped shipping one type of monoclonal antibody there. The most popular one (Regen-Cov) still is being used.

This all could have been avoided by churchill honestly engaging and posting a source when asked.

1 Like

This was in the press 20 days ago but perhaps you missed it. Thanks Church for bringing this to our attention. Likely to be the dominant strain in the UK end Jan 2022 you say - likely to be the dominant strain in the US 2 months later then (see: all other variants)

Rinse, repeat

I feel like I am missing something because this is absurd. Churchill posted that there is evidence that monoclonal antibodies are ineffective with no supporting evidence. Trolly googled it and found something that sort of is what Churchill is talking about and there was discussion. No one got flagged / modded / banned. There was no name calling or disputes about bullshit just discussion about a post. You come in hot telling Wookie to basically fuck off for even @ProxyOP Churchill. Now you say you are not going to let it slide?? Nothing even happened JT.

9 Likes

Having been to Hawaii recently, this is not true. Did you try googling it before making this claim?