COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Delta+

Cummon. I was banned for leaving a link stating symptoms have changed with delta, in the vaxxed and otherwise, etc. I stated not many coughs these days. Even the sneezing and running noses was shot down. Crowd funded app they said.

I’ve had BBC posts deleted, without my comment as they didn’t fit the thread narrative at the time. You called me out for stating delta was making it’s way round Europe, when it was already in Europe for weeks if not months.

It’s hard always being on the breaking edge but, i do not resnt or answer back on this - I take it in my stride

lol, no you weren’t. If you blatantly omit the context of that post, sure, you can lie and say you were banned just for that post.

The link is always left, not may fault some posters wanna disagree all the time. When you read as many as I do, you know how to read between the lines.

Potato banned me on that one, within seconds, mid edit but whatever

Also, if you look at the actual study that was linked in Trolly’s link, you’d see that they only tested delta.

Oh, right, everyone knows that you can only get banned for your most recent post. Once you’ve made a new post, no mod can ban you for any of your posts that came before that one.

That’s Tolly’s link? Not mine. AY 4.2 (and others) is Delta plus.

1 Like

Yes, that isn’t a monoclonal antibody study.

Because I don’t think churchill needs to be banned?

How am I supposed to evaluate a claim without a citation?

Because we all know the best posting on the internet is when you make a bold claim with nothing to back it up and tell other people to do their own research when they question you?

3 Likes

Not to contradict the last post, but what’s the layman’s reasoning for why cases are rising given boosters and mandates?

Because there are still a lot of unvaccinated people, and vaccine immunity wanes, and not that many people have gotten boosters.

1 Like

And outside of USA#1? The other 95% of the planet? Covid did go global. Cites welcome.

Probably a lot of complicated reasons. I think people relaxing their guard has a lot to do with it, but impossible to say to sure.

1 Like

Seems like covid boosters could get on the same track as flu shots. They manage to get those out in a timely fashion.

1 Like

The statement I made is true of the entire world Churchill. Not enough people are vaccinated, vaccine efficacy wanes, and not enough people are boosted.

If we’re taking about the rest of the world, I think something like 6% of Africa is vaccinated.

We’re admitting this one, now? the thread is evolving - I received mucho ‘push back’ in the earlier days on this. Again, not trying to rib anyone, but it took a brave man (person) to suggest this.

Please feel free to cite to me or anyone else stating that vaccines wouldn’t wane eventually and require boosters. I believe your issue is with those of us that waited for actual scientific evidence of this instead of making weekly scare posts about how the next variant was going to kill us all and completely escape vaccines.

3 Likes

Please don’t. Please please please.

1 Like