COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

You haven’t proven anything factually incorrect, only that your personal definitions are different than ours.

1 Like

Also it was obvious we were headed for another round of the same old shit as always yesterday.

oh-fuck-not-73qxkt

5 Likes

You have made the exact same points a couple dozen times. Personally I don’t think bunkering from a likely endemic virus post-vaccinafion makes any sense.

Post vaccination the risk(within a standard deviation) of Covid literally is the flu and should be treated as such. I’ve actually visited several other countries this year (Belize, Greece, now Thailand) based on what people there tell me and what google says vaccines are as available there as here.

You can’t control everything and not only that but I also think you can make a fact and science based decision at this point that resuming most of normal life outweighs the costs of bunkering. If you want to bunker that’s fine. I don’t think it’s reasonable anymore and I’m quite certain if we had a poll here most people wouldn’t say isolating 2 years into this is what they think is best either.

2 Likes

The study you reference is not peer reviewed, and will not pass peer review in its current state for the reasons I, and many others including the person in that tweet, brought up.

It also showed, incorrectly, that one of the most major vaccines offered no protection whatsoever after four months (or thereabouts, I’m not re-reading that trash)

Are your kids in school? You already said restaurants are out. What am I supposed to think.

for a minute there I thought we weren’t going over the brink

Yeah his kids are in school, like he said a few posts back. Of course the thread always looks the same if you don’t bother reading it.

4 Likes

My post, which was a quote of part of suzzer’s, has been hidden for some reason.

If you don’t have to go for work or family reasons and the risks bother you so much then don’t go.

Still don’t see it after going back through it but I will let you all carry on.

My point is the risks aren’t much. I’m probably less of a danger to humanity on this trip based on all the hoops I have to jump through than having a few friends over to my house once a week during the same period.

Maybe. You didn’t give any details on your current contact with others for a comparison to be formed.

This thread has AIDS. Again.

9 Likes

Stop the constant bickering. Next personal attack gets a break. Use the ignore function or take it to PMs. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yep, nothing to do but wait it out and hope things get better I guess.

It’s not the personal attacks, it’s rehashing arguments about who was right five (or more) months ago. It’s clear neither side is going to give an inch, so whenever that argument re-starts, this thread turns into a dumpster fire for a while. (edit - apologies, didn’t realize that was a touchy reference, will refrain from using).

3 Likes

Remember that guy 6ix who used to post here? I think he would suggest something like using your scroll wheel to the max! The little rectangles with words in them can’t hurt you. Just lol at complaining about people posting too much.

2 Likes

In several important respects, my post-COVID life is better than my pre-COVID life.

Seems like people here are in ~90% agreement on most of the facts.

OK, if you’ve got a citation for the one true Real Expert’s definition of “much less,” I’ll adopt it and stick to that.