COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

It’s a vendetta because no one is doing the above, and it’s purely imaginative at this point. It’s also fucking bullshit to accuse me, probably the only person here that actually deals with covid on a personal level 4-5 times per week, to be downplaying the danger of transmission in a home. In home transmission is a massive fucking worry for me right now, and it goes way beyond covid. I worry about RSV and every single little thing I could possibly bring home right now.

That’s some deeply personal attacking bullshit to refuse to listen to other people and post this kind of nonsense.

6 Likes

JT no matter how hard you yell, spread in the home is not the same thing as spread in a population. It’s not even close. That’s a simple fact. That’s not downplaying anything. That is being accurate.

Boosted.

Daughter gets 1st next week.

Thread cleansed? TBD

10 Likes

And there is literally zero value to relitigating who was correct 6-18 months ago.

16 Likes

lol throttles.

Moderating the COVID thread while taking a COVID test is some next level shit. (It’s negative). Also my very first one of the pandemic somehow.

18 Likes

After reading today’s posts I’m going to get my flu vaccine tomorrow (and tdap) so good work everyone!

14 Likes

You cited a paper that dealt with symptomatic cases. Your evidence does not refute my position whatsoever. Germ theory holds.

No, what you actually said was:

What I am saying is lifting mask mandates and allowing indoor gatherings … was the decision that allowed it to get as bad as it is.

Which is obviously very different.

Again, you only have symptomatic people spreading covid. Asymptomatic spread of course happens, but not like what you’re positing.

Your evidence does not say what you think it does, and writing 2k words per post won’t change those misunderstandings. It’s been repeatedly pointed out to you, and you refuse to see it. You can figure out what your reasons are. I don’t really care.

OK man, I was dead wrong, vaccines don’t stop shit. You win.

4 Likes

I think we need to talk him into the colonoscopy first. He still hasn’t done that yet either, IIRC.

This is what I’m tired of JT.

You quoted me talking about asymptomatic spread not happening like the way you proposed with a study about symptomatic spread. The best case interpretation of this is that you didn’t understand the paper you cited.

You are using a study inside the home to counter an opinion I have about population based efficiency. Again, the best case interpretation of this is that you didn’t understand the paper you cited.

Finally, it’s possible that the R0 of a purely vaccinated population will be >1. My assertion on this is quite clear, and you quote it even, “[Covid] has absolutely not demonstrated the ability to efficiently reproduce through a vaccinated population.”

A study could come out tomorrow, like you thought this one did because you don’t actually understand the paper, and show that it does efficiently spread through a vaccinated population. That would not make that statement wrong at all, as that statement was true when written. More information would be helpful, and evidence so far certainly doesn’t point to a 0% chance of it turning out at way.

Be more respectful please. Your mistakes and attitude are dragging this thread down severely.

Public service announcement for those in NY who are getting their 5-11 year olds vaccinated this week:

https://t.co/zxRqxDfXIq?amp=1

Sign your kids up for the drawing for a free ride to any SUNY college including room, board, tuition and expenses. They’re drawing 50 names by December 29th. If they get their first shot before November 22nd you can sign them up for all 50 drawings (they’re drawing 10 a week starting November 22nd), just have to have the first shot by then.

5 Likes

I have not. I think I’ve only been to a doctor for myself and not because of an injury once in my adult life. Last time I saw a doctor was probably like 7 years ago. I have mailed my poop to Kaiser twice in the last few years and my poop is fine.

eta: I did already agree to the flu shot already though.

eta eta: No efficient community spread of covid for the vaccinated is another reason to let Haitians get fully vaxxed before I get a booster.

That’s nice and all, but I’m sure you know that it isn’t a substitute.

Doesn’t Kaiser make it free (or at least free-ish) for you? Just suck it up and do it, imo. Definitely +EV, for both you and your kids (as I assume they want you around for as long as possible).

Kaiser has an online estimated for cost and a screening colonoscopy is $1050. Time for a Go Fund Me I guess.

eta: editing response to goofy because of thread throttle. Yep, and I pay about $1400/month for the family and have like $6500 deductible per person per year. If I don’t get poop cancer or something serious I’m really getting ripped off.

always varies a ton based on what type of coverage you have. mb looks like a high deductible per person? Weird. I’d look into it a bit more mb.

Not especially high for what Kaiser offers (this varies by State/region - CA has North and South). Iirc it was the option with the second lowest deductible. There are 2 50+ year olds on this plan and the monthly is already very high. Lower deductible means higher premiums.

(eta: it’s not exactly one plan because KP doesn’t offer a real family plan here, at least not one that seemed to work for us. There’s one plan for me and my wife and each kid has their own plan. Kids cost about half as much as us olds.)

Well, that’s quite a bit more than I thought it would be. I still think you should do it, but maybe I’m imagining you to be less busto than you are. I’m sure if we ran the numbers there some people for whom that amount would be -EV, given their baseline risk and financial situation. So I guess I’ll take back my earlier “Definitely +EV”.

But I also think it would be worth it do to a bit of leg work and confirm that is indeed what your out of pocket cost would be.

1 Like

Colorectal screening is supposed to be covered by Obamacare marketplace insurance companies with no out of pocket expenses:

MB should consider looking into a different insurance company if this one is so bad that it isn’t even covering preventative care. But it seems like maybe something is getting lost in translation here from the company.