COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

I think I was joking. Probably. Although:

The FDA will want much more safety data for the younger children, Marks said.

“It has to do with when they were enrolled in the trials, and the fact that as we get down to younger children, the benefit-risk gets to be even more of a careful consideration, because the youngest children are affected the least directly in terms of severe Covid-19,” Marks said. “We want to have robust safety data sets.”

It’s not not ominous. And Marks is the fast-vaccine-approval guy at the FDA.

What I love about the marathon is the weird ass route they go through in order to touch on all five boroughs while still ending in the park. Best part is crossing into the south Bronx over the Willis ave bridge and immediately turning right the fuck around. Not the best optics IMO.

The runners start on Staten Island just so they can cross the bridge to Brooklyn.

They couldn’t spend more time in the Bronx unless they wanted to make the finish line much further north in Manhattan.

LA Marathon is today as well, kinda surprised they ended up on the same day.

That’s the point. The requirement to hit all five boroughs is arbitrary if well intentioned. But as a result you are forced into a relatively uninspiring tour of the city. It’s literally all the sights that knocked out Marge Simpson in the 90s, “wall-to-wall landmarks. Fourth Avenue. Governors lsland. The Willis Avenue Bridge!”

Oh yeah, it definitely happens. It’s just wrong when it does.

Nothing partying all night at a speakeasy, getting up to leave about 5am, then realizing you’re completely trapped by the LA Marathon.

Not even a humblebrag.

I reminisce a little about a few of the fun times, but mostly I just shudder thinking about all the horrible mornings with the sun coming up and ensuing black depression Monday-Thursday.

I basically have nothing to show for my 30s and early 40s. Didn’t do anything creative, didn’t save any money, didn’t read. Just work, party, recover. Spent a significant chunk of the days feeling like complete shit, all for a few kinda fun hours on the weekend which weren’t even that fun.

Well I guess I did have a kid in my life, which was a great experience and gave me purpose. Even if the co-dependent relationship with her mother was brutal.

1 Like

I think there’s a big gap in trumpiness between male and female athletes.
I assume by soccer you meant the vocally liberal nature of the us women’s soccer team. That said I don’t really know much about the political beliefs about the male players.

Speaking of which is there a female us Sportsperson who’s openly trumpy. Can’t seem to recall a name off hand.

Bunch of female MMAers lean conservative.

Whether or not that means they love Trump is a different story.

I vaguely remember some female golfers being Trumpkins. Can‘t remember names because I can name only one active golfer total.

i bet a lot of the US LPGA players are, Lexi Thompson has posted pics golfing with Trump i believe

Three-time Olympic gold medalist Kim Rhode.

I don’t think women’s soccer players make enough money to be Trumpy. If Rapinoe was making NFL money, it wouldn’t really surprise me that much if she went Trumpalo.

very different crowd follows women’s soccer than golf, don’t think rapinoe, who is married to sue bird, would go trump if they made more.

2 Likes

Good buddy that married a woman with a small daughter in his early 30s. Before he turned 40 she cheated and left him and he was cut off from the step-daughter. They were close.

By age 45 he was remarried to a great few year younger women and they had two kids. Still together. Kids are teens now.

Ya never know.

1 Like

This was me 30 to 36

I regret nothing.

New NYC mayor says he’s a conservative on public safety, itching to end the school mask mandates, perhaps as early as 1/1.

NYC vaccine mandates ngmi