COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

They anecdotally found someone who was going to take the offer. They are obviously going to hire some people. The differences at the margins could be huge.

The entire article is a steaming pile of reasons not to go into banking. Reasons that are clearly becoming stronger by the hour. The kids they’re trying to hire aren’t stupid. To keep pillaging the planet optimally Goldman needs to somehow get as many of the next generations truly productive minds dedicated to finding sophisticated new ways for the oligarchs to be slimy.

But honestly it’s just going to result in them expanding their target schools list and the quality of their pool won’t take that much of a dip. The smartest person at a state school is usually quite a bit smarter than the median incoming IB recruit.

They’re only getting pressured because (ad) Tech has been able to capture so much income that they can compete. Kind of sucks that we still don’t have anything to offer our best and brightest except sell ads to people or be part of the financialization of America.

1 Like

The Philippines is not in South Asia.

Southeast Asia <> South Asia

People generally use those terms to refer to different sets of countries.

1 Like

Vitamin B-69?

A testable hypotheses (prediction). Nice.

They don’t know why it seems to have an advantage bu they think it doesn’t have improved “entry into cells” which is being equated as not more dangerous aside from the infectious rate.

So I’d say a good observation on population increase with some conjecture but acknowledgement of the unknowns in the article. Given that is written at a lay level, it’s pretty well balanced and doesn’t draw strong conclusions where none are warranted.

It was 89 percent effective at preventing hospitalization and 100 percent effective at preventing death when taken within 3 days of the onset of symptoms. The results were better then molnupiravir. In the placebo group of 389, 27 people were hospitalized and 7 died. In the control group of 385, 3 people were hospitalized and all recovered. It is a game changer.

Omg Aaron Rodgers. Being from NFC north (Norris) territory, GB has always been a backup team to root for. Now I will be rooting floats for J-Love to displace Morongers.

let me get this straight a lions fan’s backup team to root for is the packers???

1 Like

Here’s another one, from the city in which I was born!

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1456714960277581830

Just some more utterly disgraceful and violent behavior that will be celebrated by a sizeable chunk of our population as a patriotic act on the level of POTUS #1 Jesus Christ’s epic 1776 sword battle vs King George III where JC ended up severely wounding G3 and finished him off by spinning cookies on his corpse in a flag-festooned F150 while Back in Black played

4 Likes

My other division choices are bears and Vikings. When I was a kid the packers sucked too.

My #1 backup up as SF cause my big brother sent me swag in the 80s.

Packers has been more since I lived in IL and MN. Plus my grandsons are growing up in WI.

So it’s more like you’re trolling Bears and Vikings fans?

1 Like

meh, idk man. Even if that’s not what the article meant I remember a few articles earlier on saying Filipinos were getting hit hard. Going to be a lot of crossover regardless.

You didn’t post the follow up.

Police looked at their video and arrested both of these assholes.

2 Likes

I have a friend from KC that always roots for the other AFC West teams in the playoffs unless it’s against the Chiefs. All of his friends including me constantly make fun of him for it.

Fuck those assholes. Especially the Raiders and Broncos. It’s hard to hate the Chargers because they have no fans. But now that they’re getting good I can feel the hate welling up.

5 Likes

Did you read the article? It talks about the gene’s distribution in other populations. (Although not SouthEast Asia specifically)

I dont think we can assume “meh, close enough” when they are fairly genetically distinct populations.

There may be a genetic cause for Filipinos getting hit hard, but theres no indication to suggest that its the one in this article.

1 Like

come on man no one is saying that.

Fair.

Can you expand on what “theres going to be a lot of crossover, regardless” means in this context?