COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

https://twitter.com/KSVesq/status/1455503296429502465

Third dose seems damn effective:

Vaccine effectiveness evaluated at least 7 days after receipt of the third dose, compared with receiving only two doses at least 5 months ago, was estimated to be 93% (231 events for two doses vs 29 events for three doses; 95% CI 88ā€“97) for admission to hospital, 92% (157 vs 17 events; 82ā€“97) for severe disease, and 81% (44 vs seven events; 59ā€“97) for COVID-19-related death.

Note thatā€™s 93% effective compared to people who already got two vaccines, not the unvaccinated.

The matching stuff they did is a little concerning to me as itā€™s possible to sneak a lot of bias in there, but doing a full RCT probably isnā€™t worth it at this stage of the pandemic.

5 Likes

:eyes:

We cover this HCA nominee yet?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1455572914431053837?s=21

3 Likes

Official vote happening right now.

Formally approved 14-0.

Jesus Christ:

This is a really compelling graphic for those who are skeptical about giving this vaccine to kids. Current vaccinations for kidsā€“the ones that virtually everyone was ok with up until 2020ā€“are targeted against diseases that have far fewer deaths and hospitalizations than COVID.

I mean, this wonā€™t actually convince anyone. But it should.

3 Likes

I was taking Tylenol to fend off fever and chills. Booster effects lasted less time than the 2nd shot for me.

This wonā€™t change any minds, it will just give the antivaxxers fuel to fight vaccinations for Hepatitis, Rubella, etc.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest, I kind of expected Walensky to announce the approval about 8 seconds after the vote. Wtf?

I actually worked out immediately after my Moderna booster because I was expecting to be out of commission for a couple of days. I hit a 3 month PR on my bench. When I finally felt the effects of the shot several hours later it was pretty intense. Although I highly doubt that the two things are connected.

Share this with the Roganbros and vax rates will skyrocket

3 Likes

I just wound up doing my usual light lifting routine, a little lighter than I used to because I had to dial back after catching a cold and taking about three weeks off. So Iā€™m trying to ramp up slowly again. But I had the same thought about getting at least some kind of work in before I start feeling like crap.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1455687185408172039?s=21

Speaking of Victoria, Australia, my parents local (rural) doctor just got done for giving vaccine exemptions to anybody that asked. Apparently caught after a neighbour of his practice observed massive lines waiting for appointments and became suspicious. License suspended indefinitely pending hearing. Heā€™s a Jenny McCarthy style anti vaxxer, has two children with severe intellectual/physical disabilities which he equates to vaccines.

1 Like

I went hiking or worked out after every shot. Never felt anything.

is it weird that I hate this so much less?

Less that what?

Cool, now do 0-5 year olds please.

1 Like

Itā€™s never enough with you people! Next youā€™ll be asking for 0 to -5 year olds.

5 Likes