COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

No. This is a corporate stance, complete with a stupid statement from an apparently deplorable exec.

The popular burger chain said…

OK, let’s pump the brakes on “popular” here, this is In-N-Out we’re talking about.

1 Like
1 Like

Hmm, I don’t remember this guy going after pharmacists that refused to sell the morning after pill…

https://mobile.twitter.com/pierrekory/status/1450593135831265281?s=21

3 Likes

Wel that was totally different since it was based on a SHRB (sincerely held religious belief) while this time they are arrogantly substituting their judgement for the doctors!

But seriously, why would a pharmacist refuse to fill a valid prescription for ivermectin? Maybe they have a policy to save it for people who might actually need it for non-covid reasons. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

moron, going rate is 450/hr for that shit out by me.

In my experience everybody is underwhelmed by In n Out when they’ve been prepped to assume it’ll be the best burger they’ve ever had. It’s extremely solid and extremely consistent, but it is not “oh my God this is amazing”.

3 Likes

Found this article that has some info. I guess I know nothing about pharmacists since I was surprised at this:

Pharmacists are under no obligation to fill a prescription that they think is unsafe.

1 Like

Yeah pharmacists aren’t vending machines. They are highly trained people who I routinely lean on for their expertise.

3 Likes

That’s because they don’t know how to order.

How are you supposed to even know what animal style is, if it is not even on the menu?

This is probably less and less true as time passes. I wouldn’t be surprised if your basic CVS pharmacist has an negative VORP over some sort of AI powered by IBM Watson-like technology.

I suppose that will be true for all professions eventually, but I think we’re probably pretty damn close with big box chain pharmacists.

For me I think it’s fine, but it’s something that my wife will eat even when she feels miserable.

Maybe a custom built AI, and maybe for a retail pharmacist. For clinical and inpatient pharmacists? Absolutely not.

Retail (i.e. “basic CVS pharmacist”) is what I was talking about.

You should just boycott meat entirely.

Coronavirus & COVID-19 Overview: Symptoms, Risks, Prevention, Treatment & More(,those%20cases%20at%20%2411.2%20billion.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1450662008815239168?t=I8RLNxL7pf18SEdd_pTTpg&s=19

I enjoyed In N out as a cheap meal when in Vegas but if that’s the best you guys are really starved for great options.

No that’s it’s exact function. I actually don’t go to them in Vegas very often, but when I travel to CA, it’s normally my go to meal when I get in late.

Larry Brilliant (helped eradicate small pox) was on in the bubble, I found it pretty interesting. Makes the argument that the R0 of delta is lower than chicken pox but, because the incubation/generation time is so short, it is actually the most infectious disease we have seen in our lifetimes. Maybe an obvious point, but I hadn’t thought of that.

Views eradication as impossible. Worst case going forward is animals and humans pass this back and forth and spark continued new epidemics. Best case is we get a better nasal vaccine and we do a good job scaling up vaccine manufacturing closer to the poorer regions of the world so that we can get vaccines to everyone in the world and end this as a pandemic in 5-10 years.

1 Like

I recommend not holding your breath waiting on this.

Curious what is the deal with nasal vaccines? Why are they better than a shot? Is it just that they are easier for people to administer?