COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

It would take basically all my will power not to fire of a quick, “fuck off, moron” response.

If I had a long tenure with this agency I probably would have, but I’m only 5 months in and my probation isn’t done for another month. After that though - it’s basically impossible to get rid of me. So maybe the kid gloves will come off then.

We need a $1500 stimulus only for the vaccinated.

That should get a sufficient number of unvaxxed vaxxed.

9 Likes

Looks like it’s birds chirping for vaccinated old people versus birds chirping for children. Exactly equal then!

there was an old episode of “Fringe” where Walter was talking to an equally brilliant time-traveling scientist who said (paraphrasing) “People believe in god, but god is science. god is vaccines.”

1 Like

But we can ignore all that earlier stuff now that we have a study published in an open-access journal, concerning a new, vastly more transmissible variant than previous work was based on, looking at THIRTEEN sick children and making shaky inferences about where transmission occurred. All those earlier results were clearly problematic in some way because they didn’t accord with the intuitions of certain omniscient beings residing ITT, this one does accord with said intuitions therefore it is definitely 100% correct and all previous results are invalid, case closed.

2 Likes

This is not just one study, and is in fact a small part part of a large body of literature that thoroughly demonstrates OFS Oster style were wrong. I’ve posted paper after paper after paper in this thread and others with data showing the OFS debate ended up one way.

Very dishonest summary of previous work in the paper you linked then, sounds like it’s not to be trusted.

I describe the paper as a case study showing that kids can spread covid. Specifically in a region with a much lower viral burden. The lit review specifically goes over some earlier data that is brought up to challenge those papers as flawed. Turns out there’s a lot more work done elsewhere that does that too. The whole point of that literature review is to challenge it.

Y’all write a lot of words about last year’s pandemic. Stadiums are full. Bars are packed. Kids are in school, and employees are back in their offices.

Pandemic status: it’s up to you, just do whatever.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/KelleeAzar/status/1450577708539285505

3 Likes

And they called it the Monument to Morons.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1450618038802206722

Fucking In-N-Out.

1 Like

thankfully looks like this is just one location right… right?

They don’t franchise. The entire chain is company-owned. So yeah this comes from the mothership.

The others probably aren’t forced by their municipalities to require vaxx checks.

I’ve got no problem not eating Chick-fil-A, but In-n-Out might require more will than I can muster.

2 Likes

Dang was looking forward to my first in-n-out during my LA visit next week

i was like oh in-n-out is trending i wonder why :(

There’s some thought that in n out wanted to close this location because it doesn’t have a drive thru. This was an easy excuse to do so.