COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Oh I’m not even thinking about stuff in the ED. Screaming and yelling down there is so normal it doesn’t even register with me.

My mother is 77 and lives in Virginia. I live in California. My baby is 8 weeks old. What’s the best plan for her to meet her grandchild in person within the next 8 months? Is it something that can be done safely?

I don’t trust either of them on a flight. Is that correct? I guess I could drive across the country, but having the baby in the car seat forever, does that work?

5 Likes

I wouldn’t take the kid on a cross country road trip and back. That is really going to suck.

I’d get mom on a plane maybe a few weeks right after she gets a booster. Have her mask up the whole way. I’d personally feel OK with that assuming no new variants come out that evade the vaccines.

1 Like

Driving across the country with a baby that young would be awful.

Transmission on flights has not been high. That was true before the vaccine. Airports maybe, but if you can’t trust your mom to fly, how can you trust her any other time? Covid isn’t that dangerous for kids, but slightly moreso for infants. Wait until the end of that 8 mos at least and fly in your mom. She’ll probably have booster shots by then as well. Imo.

1 Like

Ugggh

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-mother-of-a-college-student-who-died-screaming-through-the-mask-wished-she-had-made-her-get-the-covid-19-vaccine/ar-AAO5ExX?li=BBnbfcL

"Gray’s mother said that societal pressure from nearby friends and family influenced their decision to remain unvaccinated.

“I feel like it’s my fault,” Tabitha said, according to FOX 4. “I should’ve forced it.”

“I shouldn’t have let other people in my head or life get to me,” Tabitha said. “I should’ve done what I needed to do to protect my family.”

251 posts were split to a new topic: It’s Worms All the Way Down: The Ivermectin Thread

mask and flight should be fine. Booster if you want to be extra cautious.

2 Likes

Thanks all. I won’t worry about the flight now.

1 Like

The guy who was gonna zip tie the principal doesn’t even have any kids.

I don’t usually zip ties principals, but when I do, I stream it on my instagram account.

None fda approved regeneron is the tits for rich anti vaxxers waiting for an FDA approved vaccine (or three)

I thought everyone who tests positive will test positive for awhile after that since the dead virus is still hanging around your nostrils. I don’t get how you can start showing symptoms and then test negative two days later. Sounds suspect.

Yeah, to echo everyone else, flying while masked and vaccinated isn’t that risky. Have her fly out to you.

I finally see where Ben garrisons head goes.

1 Like

Does make me wonder about pozzed people who think they have no use for the vaccine.

Even if I had gotten Covid I would get the vaccine.

Guess the reinstated mask mandates are gonna be a suggestion around here. Went to pick up coffee today and workers no masks, customers no masks, cops in the shop as customer no mask so gonna guess enforcement not a thing.

Actually went online to verify that the effective date was here for the new mandate and yep was last Thursday.

Town was effectively 100 percent masked before the CDC guidance in May. Great work everyone, school should be good.

I know lol red states but the fact that there aren’t universal mask mandates again in ~sane states like yesterday is a joke

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1434330814985252868

2 Likes

I’m in a blue state. We put in a mask mandate in my town and all surrounding towns. Seems like from my experience today no1cur. Don’t think the cops violating it gonna be enforcing it, so.

Didn’t RS get sold recently?