COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

It’s fine to be concerned obviously. You know the odds are better for you with the vaccine than not. Not a bad take at all. You know the odds are it’s extremely unlikely to be more than a little sick for a day or so. GL and congrats. It’s a big relief when you’re fully vaxxed.

3 Likes

OK we need to get a more consistent naming scheme for these variants.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1422650736685559811?s=21

Billions of doses. Massive decrease in morbidity from Covid vs the unvaxxed. Very rare negative consequences beyond a day of discomfort.

Reward-risk ratio is yuge.

Sounds like some kind of anxiety. If it interferes with you daily life, seek medical/mental health help.

or this

4 Likes

The Pfizer vaccine is literally one synthetic lipid (fat), and then food. mRNA is in every food we eat. The salts are in every Coca-Cola.

1 Like

Can’t wait for delta platinum—unlimited free upgrades to the ICU

3 Likes

Seriously, fucking lol teachers unions. They are a complete disgrace opposing vaccine mandates. Get the fuck out of here.

I felt the the same way before getting my first shot. After getting vaccinated all that anxiety went away. What helped me was I figured If the vaccine kills me and everyone else that takes it, that sucks. However that would be better then living in a world run by anti vax morons.

3 Likes

Coke is worse for you by far than the vaccine

1 Like

Good friend of mine bought some coke off random guy at a bar we were at in Tahoe. Went to parking garage and says “man this shit looks funny” then snorts it. Then says “damn that burns super bad.” Snorts the rest of the bag of blow over the weekend complaining each time. He refuses to get vaccinated and says I’m a moron.

13 Likes

While you replied to me for some reason or somehow, I said explicitly in another post that i 100 percent believed him.

2 Likes

They’re a few hundred notches below NFLPA so what do you expect? Do any southern states even have teacher unions anymore? I don’t think FL does, or if it does it’s a joke now.

But I mean hell even teachers know where their bread’s buttered. They want classrooms opened no matter what.

That teacher scrilla!

Apart from my vax anxiety, I’m really quite fine thank you.

1 Like

The Chicago Teachers Union has been fighting OFS all year.

I was thrilled, not even a tiny bit of fear.

3 Likes

Has there ever been a vaccine that was fine in the short term but people started growing an arm out of their head after 5 years or something?

1 Like

How long until the Cutter Incident was confirmed?

I had a similar reaction when I could finally book my first appointment. Prior to that, I was like “get me the vaccine ASAP!”. Then when I got to go to a hospital to get it, I was nervous as shit. I wasn’t really worried about long term effects. My brain created this possibility where I would wig out and have a bad reaction and get hospitalized. Before I left for my 1st appointment, I filled my cat’s food dish as though I would be away for a few days. When I got home feeling fine, I felt kinda silly. I think it’s natural to have anxiety about getting a new injection for anything. Just don’t let it override your logic.

7 Likes