COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

What is the math on two week quarantines on either side of the injection when you need three weeks between injections?

I am legitimately trying to work it out in my head and then I get distracted by tick tock.

Seems like you would need to stay in the US for three weeks?

This is supercovid Dan. The new one. VOC. I said 4 months ago the VOC were transmitted as much by kids as by adults and that you’d use the new supercovid stats to bolster your unprovem claims about old covid.

No. You are flat out wrong on this. No middle ground, no maybes, this statement is factually completely incorrect

5 Likes

Is there data showing the volume of child-spread linked fatalities? I am not questioning your expert conclusion in any way, and it also comports with my caveman intuitive read, but I’m curious if it has been quantified to a certain baseline.

1 Like

How old are you?

:flushed::thinking::joy:

1 Like

I mean, you realize that very statement proves you wrong right? That’s not even getting into the limitations of such studies. Come on churchill.

Baseline is harder to do. No one with systemic spread is testing enough to confidently answer your question. It’s likely that kids are spreading the disease less, however, they absolutely still spread the disease. Churchill got himself in trouble because he made a ridiculous overbroad claim because, well, he doesn’t actually understand the science involved.

The effectiveness of transmission between children is a matter of some debate, but it’s not zero or anything close to it. Kids spread respiratory viruses. That’s been true of every respiratory virus before, and there’s no reason to suspect they won’t on this one. Studies that have shown poor transmission levels have generally been poor studies that are either not applicable to the general population due to hawthorn effect and perfect compliance to a strict protocol or simply didn’t test enough to actually get an answer.

4 Likes

Well if anything, you’re making my line look better. If everyone is under, then my prediction was too conservative. We need some overs to balance it out. But obviously, I’d rather that you just get it ASAP.

@anon29622970, at the pharmacy I signed up at an hour from Iowa, the disclaimers said multiple times that the vaccines were only for IL residents and that they were checking IDs.

2 Likes

Can you just show up with a passport to see what they do? Obviously, you’ll suddenly find your driver’s license if it comes down to it.

Sure you can, no idea if that will work.

I think it would be an interesting experiment given how laissez-faire all these places are about actually enforcing any rules. But I can understand if you didn’t want to do it.

I was suggesting that you do it as an experiment.

Wasn’t there someone here from Chicago that drove up to Kenosha, WI to get vaccinated and then they cracked down shortly after.

How did everything go with the second shot?

Some of these arguments are akin to claiming that birds fly because they immune from gravity.

2 Likes

Sure with below and a tracking app that’s widely used, there’s a few studies that may indicate if WFH parents are dying at excess rates…

REal-time Assessment of Community Transmission (REACT)

This COVID-19 research programme, funded by the DHSC, is being led by a team of scientists, clinicians and researchers at Imperial College London, alongside colleagues at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Ipsos MORI and other partners.

REACT protocol

REACT study information

REACT study announcements

REACT FAQs

REACT-1

April 2020 – ongoing

The REACT-1 study was launched in April 2020. It is a large population study that estimates the prevalence of the virus causing COVID-19 in the general population in England. It also estimates how quickly the virus transmits between people (R value). Over 150,000 unique participants take part each month and provide insights about COVID-19.

REACT-1 monthly research findings

REACT-2

May 2020 – ongoing

The REACT-2 study started in May 2020 to estimate how many people have already had COVID-19 in England and to learn more about changes in antibodies levels in the population.

This study involves approximately 150,000 unique people over a 6-week period who all used a finger prick test. Additional information is collected on contact with known cases to estimate an infection point prevalence at national, regional and local levels. REACT-2 has also helped scientists learn more about the usability and accuracy of different antibody tests.

COVID-19 symptom study app

This is a not-for-profit initiative started by health science company ZOE in collaboration with King’s College London in March 2020. It supports vital COVID-19 research and is one of the world’s largest ongoing studies of COVID-19 symptoms and facilitates hotspot detection. The ZOE app provides unique insight on asymptomatic and symptomatic information across the UK with over one million logging on a weekly basis, and is supported by a grant from DHSC to support its on-going data collection.

Protocol and methodology

Press release

Research findings

COVID symptom study app FAQs

Data collection

Test kits and instructions are delivered by post to the participant’s household. Study participation involves a self-administered throat and nasal swab, and completion of a short online or telephone questionnaire including information on demographic variables, household composition, behaviour and recent symptoms. A parent or guardian takes the swab for children aged 12 years or below and also aid in questionnaire completion for children as needed.

1 Like

This acronym is going to completely fuck with my life

2 Likes

my claim…

I cannot remember the acronym for this study but I assure you it’s happening - not a far stretch when above shows you we test 150,000 people monthly for antibodies and another 150,000 random asymptomatics or otherwise, many under 12yrs, since April 2020.

Yeah, don’t nail me to a tree, yet.

wat