COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

https://tennesseelookout.com/2020/11/20/cell-phone-towers-are-being-vandalized-across-tennessee-a-covid-19-conspiracy-theory-may-be-to-blame/

This world needs a make over

They don’t live within range of a cell tower?

1 Like

Have not read paper behind article. Don’t know how they controlled for OFS (new strain up in kids in roughly the same timeframe as when schools were open so maybe kids just got more covid regardless?)

Either way, if there is a sub-population with less spread then there is a powerful selective pressure.

:crossed_fingers: that it only increase spread and not severity (though just by incidence there will be more disease unless mitigation efforts offset spread)

I have no idea who you are.

Schools have been open since March 2020

Severity not affected but GG hospital capacity = severity in real life terms affected

Please do not source the Daily Mail (worse than Utoobz)- I posted the BBC equivalent a whole 5 days ago with info that the new variant does not select or progress through age groups - it’s just rips through all groups regardless

absolutely not. in fact, in my anecdotal observation from frequent flyer groups, people are even MORE determined to go places NOW, precisely because the vaccine is so close. They want to get a bunch of leisure travel in now before everyone else decides it’s “safe” (and before they have to start traveling for work again)

frequent flyer message boards and facebook groups are sometimes mindblowing, just the most disgustingly selfish, entitled shitbags I’ve met

1 Like

So the fancy gym around the corner has been open in defiance of the Governor. Lot was pretty full yesterday.

Apparently their Facebook page says “there are no proven studies that gyms cause spread”

Jfc. There is so much denial regarding spread. Let’s see it’s not

Schools
Restaurants
Bars
Businesses
Gyms
Church
Weddings
Funerals
Family gatherings

But yet 100,000 people have died with millions of positives just since the election.

It’s the immaculate virus.

Should put a chain lock on the door and a fake health department sign in the window.

2 Likes

FYP

Dec 15th…

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1338908964612927489?s=20

Good job posting your source Churchill. Let’s go over the key part here.

Overall, case-patients were more likely to have had close contact with a person with known COVID-19 than control participants (aOR = 3.2, 95% CI = 2.0–5.0); 64% of close contacts of case-patients and 48% of those of control participants were family members (p = 0.02), whereas school or child care classmates were reported as close contacts for 15% and 27%, respectively (p = 0.04).

So basically if you look at data that requires the largest amount of power to find an effect, you can say schools don’t cause spread.

Meanwhile, your own study shows a significant increase in close contacts for classmates being their known close contact with covid before testing positive. That’s actually great evidence that schools cause spread.

3 Likes

Sign of the times

1 Like

BLM protests are the sole cause of the spread, ldo.

2 Likes

CDC’s study, not mine. My own study shows 3x kids blah blah blah

It happens

Thanks for the clarification Churchill. There was a real risk that someone thought you did an actual study.

13 Likes

Grunching — r we expecting the WSOP to be safe and because of the recent scarcity of live poker, to be lit?

All we can expect is lots of fake vaccination cards or whatever they use to verify immunization.

1 Like

It’s only spreading at the big box stores… according to stories about contract tracing which I assume are easy to write if you work as a journalist and probably very popular because everyone has heard of Target and Walmart.

I love the logic of the local gym

“There is no study proving that gyms spread it”. Almost like the huge spread is intentional to make it impossible to contact trace.

1 Like

That, combined with Bitcoin being up. Someone once said, “Never bluff in Vegas when Bitcoin is up.”

1 Like

Some village called Mississississippi apparently…If you know more than the CDC, please declare it ITT

If you’re busy attending to patients / giving the nurses a helping hand ATM, you can reply at any time