COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

FYP

Dec 15th…

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1338908964612927489?s=20

Good job posting your source Churchill. Let’s go over the key part here.

Overall, case-patients were more likely to have had close contact with a person with known COVID-19 than control participants (aOR = 3.2, 95% CI = 2.0–5.0); 64% of close contacts of case-patients and 48% of those of control participants were family members (p = 0.02), whereas school or child care classmates were reported as close contacts for 15% and 27%, respectively (p = 0.04).

So basically if you look at data that requires the largest amount of power to find an effect, you can say schools don’t cause spread.

Meanwhile, your own study shows a significant increase in close contacts for classmates being their known close contact with covid before testing positive. That’s actually great evidence that schools cause spread.

3 Likes

Sign of the times

1 Like

BLM protests are the sole cause of the spread, ldo.

2 Likes

CDC’s study, not mine. My own study shows 3x kids blah blah blah

It happens

Thanks for the clarification Churchill. There was a real risk that someone thought you did an actual study.

13 Likes

Grunching — r we expecting the WSOP to be safe and because of the recent scarcity of live poker, to be lit?

All we can expect is lots of fake vaccination cards or whatever they use to verify immunization.

1 Like

It’s only spreading at the big box stores… according to stories about contract tracing which I assume are easy to write if you work as a journalist and probably very popular because everyone has heard of Target and Walmart.

I love the logic of the local gym

“There is no study proving that gyms spread it”. Almost like the huge spread is intentional to make it impossible to contact trace.

1 Like

That, combined with Bitcoin being up. Someone once said, “Never bluff in Vegas when Bitcoin is up.”

1 Like

Some village called Mississississippi apparently…If you know more than the CDC, please declare it ITT

If you’re busy attending to patients / giving the nurses a helping hand ATM, you can reply at any time

New variant…

He’s not claiming to be smarter than the CDC, only that he can read and understand what they say better than you.

7 Likes

Oxford jab to be approved in UK 28/12/20 (12/28/20)

https://time.com/5925063/astrazeneca-covid-19-variant/

LONDON — The head of drugmaker AstraZeneca, which is developing a coronavirus vaccine widely expected to be approved by U.K. authorities this week, said Sunday that researchers believe the shot will be effective against a new variant of the virus driving a rapid surge in infections in Britain.

A plane traced a syringe above southern Germany on Wednesday to celebrate the arrival of the vaccine, a flightradar24.com image shows

2 Likes

Even though 70% isn’t as good as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, it’s still a little higher than the effectiveness of the flu vaccine in a good year. So seems like it could help reduce the transmission rate while the other ones are still capacity constrained. That’s assuming that the facilities used to make the Oxford vaccine couldn’t easily be repurposed to make the other vaccines.

Fishin is easy in these parts. Just set some bait and wait.

1 Like

Churchill your linked study shows a statistically significant association between children who have known positive contacts at their school and being covid positive.

That’s according to the paper itself. I’m not contradicting the CDC. Again, you are not capable of interpreting scientific literature.

Oxford’s free (or $3?) Moderna is the one that’s charging twice as much ($60) for the same thing as Pfizer ($30). Oxford good for the new variant thou’