COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Oh shit. Sorry man.

4 Likes

:(

Get well soon.

7 Likes

Shit.

Best of luck in getting one of those very mild cases.

4 Likes

Obviously you don’t owe anyone an explanation, but I’d be curious the circumstances if you’re willing to share. No big deal obviously, and best wishes for a speedy and easy recovery.

1 Like

So far it has been. Symptoms started Sunday night and I already feel a little better. Doc said it can be a roller coaster though and to make sure I get rest even if I start feeling better.

Luckily I have no social life right now because of Covid and didn’t expose anyone other than my GF and daughter. But I have been isolated since Monday night. I’m more worried about them than myself.

14 Likes

I maybe have to go to the office once a month. Last week I had to go in 4 days.

My business partner owns another business that works out of the same office and I guess one of the employees was not able to smell or taste for over a week but kept going to work.

Also I’ve noticed that mask compliance wasn’t as strict as it was 60 days ago.

I wore a mask the whole time and avoided contact with anyone that wasn’t other than eating lunch in my business partners office a few times.

I’m assuming those lunches is how I got it.

10 Likes

To be clear I’m blaming myself. I could of not gone to the office but fell short of my own standards. Business just felt more urgent. As much as I hate our society I still play a part in it.

20 Likes

The struggle is real, man. Everyone is facing their own tug of war vis a vis expectations placed upon them by work, family, and friends. It is hard to blame people that are at least taking reasonable precautions. The “loss of taste and smell employee” on the other hand…pretty iffy on that one :)

3 Likes

Dammit. Hope it’s not too serious. Best to you and your family.

Don’t feel bad - Trumpbot broke the streak.

Here’s hoping for a mild one. If you were wearing a mask most of the time it very well might be.

1 Like

31% positive test rate on that day (October 7th)

5,394 pozzes today

3 Likes

Holy shit.

1 Like

Yup.

We’re basically Israel now. They were doing well, opted to open schools with few restrictions and the pozzes went straight through the roof. Now they’re under a full 2 week lockdown.

1 Like

Good luck, hope you get through this easily.

This part scares me. Sounds like you did things right other than the lunching, and it still got you. Is your partner positive as well?

1 Like

Our new Minister of Health wants to test everybody in the entire country!

To be fair, it’s not the PCR test. It’s the antigen test. And it is voluntary. So, it really won’t be everybody. Probably won’t be much more than those who are currently having symptoms given how opposed to testing people are here. I’ll definitely go for one if this becomes a reality though.

The fact that this is a legitimate proposal is a sign of how serious shit is here. There were more deaths from covid on October 7th (42) than there were in the entire month of June (29)

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated and let us know if you need help with…I don’t even know what, but we are a community of vast resources if it gets bad.

6 Likes

Keep us posted and get well soon.

1 Like

Just under 57,000 new cases in the US today. Yikes.

1 Like

Hmmm why not? Makes sense to me, but I’m not sure of anything

2 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-00436-4

1 Like