COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Ok thanks, I have KN95s as backup that I can switch too. Brutal cause it’ll hurt my nose and cheeks or brutal to breathe through? It doesn’t really hurt my nose at all but I’ve only had it on a few minutes so far to try it on.

It has foam for the nose though, which I didn’t expect.

Yeah I can go outside and take breaks, I just know I need to be extremely careful taking it off and on - and I have backups in case I fuck up.

oh if it’s comfortable for you wear it. My only warning is to make sure you’re in something you feel ok wearing for extended periods of time. Otherwise your compliance will drop, and compliance is the most important thing.

Even at work I don’t wear an n95 all the time. It just hurts too much and I can’t do it. Looks like those are more comfortable than the medical grade ones, and it should be very effective still.

Just to let you know, my hospital banned kn-95s. No idea what the research behind it was, but they basically said they weren’t effective enough for hospital isolation use.

2 Likes

That’s 100% correct, but they have to be safe to hang out in a patient’s room with active covid. Cuse is in a difference risk category.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve noticed it doesn’t seal as well as the n95, but since it folds nice and easy it’s good for having in my pocket to throw on walking past people or if I am forced inside for 5 minutes.

Yeah compliance will be of the utmost to me, thanks for the advice. I’ll duck outside if I need to get some air, or leave early if I have to. Today we’ll see how it goes for long periods.

My understanding was that the KN95 and N95 filter equally but the N95 gets a tighter fit and is thus better. Sound right? I assume due to ear straps vs the full behind the head straps.

1 Like

8% of the UK’s 66m population are estimated to have antibodies. 8% may be comparable to NY but not the US.

Herd Immunity, not this BS ‘partial herd immunity’ refered to may kick in at 60% so you need to infect way more vunerable folks that you’re calculating for before you get anywhere near a % of population nearing herd immunity

I think so? Can’t say that I’m an expert on this, but that’s my understanding.

1 Like

From my personal experience, you need to mentally prepare yourself for the hypochondria that is going to accompany every little thing where you feel less than 100% during the rest of the week. Stress and anxiety can cause diarrhea, which is a potential COVID symptom, for example, so you might feel things that have you freaked out.

3 Likes

Staying home isn’t herd immunity. Period. Apologies if I’m missing something but Caffeine seems to be reading it similar to me. The math is brutal for herd. Not much until you get near the end point. Every do an acid base titration with a shit load of buffer? Add 100 drops and nothing much happens. 3 more drops and the pH changes 4 units.

Wearing masks is not herd immunity.

Isolating vulnerables is not herd immunity.

Improved ventilation is not herd immunity.

Staying outdoors is not herd immunity.

Limiting the number of people at an event is not herd immunity.

Mooooooooooooooo

You can’t just put arbitrary definitions to terms that are already defined. Adding the word “modified” does nothing.

3 Likes

I wear a chainmail mask.

% of people with antibodies isn’t a good way to estimate how many people have immunity.

So much this. Struggle with this a lot. Was sure I would be pozzed or was pozzed multiple times.

2 Likes

Trip report when you are done please.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1314311186800939010?s=20

5 Likes

Maybe he is just quarantining for 14 days with all the other people pozzed by Trump’s rallies.

3 Likes

I haven’t been keeping track of Covid numbers number much lately but it looks like we are on a significant upward trend for cases. Today we will likely have the highest number of cases since early August and go well over 50,000. The 7dma has gone from 35,000 on September 12th to nearly 45,000 today.

Just got my first COVID test…over half way through the colleges semester…

To be fair they have done a ton of testing of students just not workers.

1 Like

Jesus. Sucks that it’s come to this. Stay safe and run good.

2 Likes

Tested positive today.

Sorry to break UP’s streak.

69 Likes