COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

I agree but my buddy and I have no idea what gym.

Hey, look! Trump made the cover of Time again! He can frame that for his golf club wall.

5 Likes

Him playing poker is for income; bowling and free tea refills from indoor dining and football games are for leisure.

There is a difference. Just like protests for police brutality are different than cult rallies in terms of ok to take the risk during a pandemic.

6 Likes

I think a nice pair of wrap around golfing sunglasses would do pretty well and order some clear lenses if too dark. You could even add your own felt strip to get a bit of a gentle seal.

Chemical safety goggles are brutal. We had a plant area that required them and your face hurt bad afterwards if for any length of time. fogging a big problem.

Definitely a trade off between comfort and protection in the overall equation.

This is a bullshit argument. I totally understand where cuse is coming from but I get where his dad is coming from too.

1 Like

Italy just mandated masks outdoors everywhere. 1,000 euro fine

2 Likes

No it’s not.

He is risking his health and that of his comorbidity wife while exposing himself to 50 other people who are eating and drinking so no masks all for fun.

Cuse lives alone and doesn’t go anywhere else so is only risking his own life to expose himself to 9 other masked people because he can’t wait out the pandemic before making some income.

You know why he can’t wait out the pandemic? Because people are prolonging it by going bowling, indoor dining, bars, football games, etc.

Get out of here white knighting for selfish assholes who are killing people with their selfish actions.

9 Likes

You are choosing to play poker rather than work at a call center or whatever because you want the luxuries that come with it. I’m just saying that it isn’t at all obvious that your Dad, in the twilight of his life, is being any more unreasonable in choosing to see his friends (a luxury), knowing full well what the risks are. You are each exposing yourself and others to risk in order to make your lives go better.

8 Likes

See the post below yours.

I’m not saying cuse is wrong, he’s between a rock and a hard place, life sucks sometimes and all your choices/options are wrong.

1 Like

If there are others wearing sunglasses I might do it. I always avoid them in cash games and this is a friendly game so hence looking for, basically, fake eye glasses.

How is it a bullshit argument? I’m making a living he’s going out for fun. He can do less risky things for fun like golfing, cookouts, fishing, hiking.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Johnny Cash was a boss.

I don’t actively listen to any old country music. Once in a while, I’ll pull up something from those two guys if it pops into my head.

I’ll leave it with you can do something else to make money. I’m out of this argument.

1 Like

Exactly.

I’m choosing to protect my financial situation and my ability to make money long term. Money = health in America. My health insurance goes up like 20% a year typically, I’ve gotta keep up.

He could see his friends in other settings. He’s not just risking his own health, he’s risking my mother’s.

Decent work from home jobs aren’t exactly growing on trees.

1 Like

>1,800 new cases in New York state today
America nowhere close to herd immunity

Big shock there. The maths don’t make sense for herd.

I think most people itt understand that, but there is a lot of talk of herd immunity elsewhere

A lot of people pay credit interest rates.

5 Likes

There was some hopeful talk about herd immunity here

2 Likes

Yes if we could somehow magically thought experiment a city of all positives into reality.