COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

My test results are in:

34 Likes

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/oct/08/coronavirus-live-news-brazil-cases-pass-5m-trump-calls-catching-covid-a-blessing-in-disguise?page=with:block-5f7ee8878f084cdbd4191169#block-5f7ee8878f084cdbd4191169

Madrid court rejects partial lockdown as ‘harmful to basic rights’

Madrid’s top regional court has rejected a partial lockdown imposed at the weekend on the capital and nine nearby towns to slow the rapid spread of coronavirus infections.

A court statement said it “had denied the ratification (of the measures) on grounds they impacted on the rights and fundamental freedoms” of the 4.5 million residents affected by the closure, which went into force late Friday night.

Under the restrictions, residents are not allowed to leave the city limits except for work, school or medical reasons as the region battles a soaring infection rate of well over 700 cases per 100,000 people, compared with just 300 per 100,000 in the rest of Spain - in itself the highest rate in the EU.

Without the measures being ratified by the court, police have no legal grounds on which to issue fines for non-compliance - which they have not done until now, awaiting the court’s decision.

In their ruling, the regional judges said the health ministry, which imposed the restrictions, did not have the right to do so because responsibility for public health matters lies with Spain’s 17 autonomous regions.

Actually, I’d say those all describe you pretty well. Nice self reflection.

2 Likes

I liked the old Mike better tbh. The one with the axe to grind in every thread is not an improvement. I say that with love because I thought your pre-hiatus posting was mostly good even if we disagreed on some things.

1 Like

Feels like this post could be it’s own thread. Or a mini series. Or a novel. Or a series of novels even.

“Morgan Wallen” sounds like some record exec in Nashville gave up halfway through naming this guy.

1 Like

Oy vey

Flying today. Wish me luck. Going with the KN95 with cloth over. Glasses but not goggles.

10 Likes

That totally looks like Sacha Baron Cohen doing a bit.

2 Likes

Oh to be a fly on Mike Pence’s head during that event!

7 Likes

So what COVID is proving is WAAF in the event of a pandemic that would ever be capable of spreading like Covid but with a higher fatality rate. Because apparently lockdowns and the steps needed to contain something like that are all unconstitutional because freedom.

Anyone using any safety glasses that would help with COVID while looking somewhat like regular glasses?

Gotta go with a steampunk look.

Wow my buddy’s former coworker who was a denier has tested positive. No symptoms yet so he’s going to keep going to the gym. He says “I have a mask on, I can’t transmit.”

These fucking people man.

I have a pair of metal framed wrap around safety glasses I previously had for work. They look better then most safety glasses. They don’t seal your eyes like goggles but I feel like they are better then nothing. They will pop up on amazon if you search metal framed safety glasses.

1 Like

These?

I guess I’ll put this here, since the motivation was likely pandemic related.

2 Likes

I think I have the cheap Honeywell ones. Those look like they might wrap around even better.

1 Like

probably an example of whats to come once Biden is in office imo

2 Likes

Oh those look better from a style standpoint. I’m going to get both and compare, and return one.