COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

I’m sure no President is easy, but dealing with Trump, the Trump kids, and the various folks that inhabit their orbit has to be an impossible task.

yeah I have the 7" repress of “Scrabble.”

This is nice ^

Wrong song. I don’t know how that happened. That song was good too tho! I was referencing that Dilla song or meant to.

1 Like

This song is pure fire. There really aren’t that many funk tracks with a violin. Really juxtaposes nicely with the horns that follow. Top shelf jazz funk fusion and French ta boot.

First comment:

“My grandfather’s music.” Shit, I wish.

That’s pushing the definition of funk if it’s included too. I love it, just sayin’.

Meanwhile, the Rs are in court to try to get the mask order thrown out.

Listen u are full of shit as usual. I didn’t leave the house until July. At that point I slowly integrated myself back into mainstream society . U have read nine of posts saying such so I’m not an asshole that couldn’t stay in for 7 months, I was just more aware that this thing was not ending and it was time to get back to normal versus sitting in for 2 years and being in the same position we are now.

So my dad’s bowling league split in half, so they each bowl every other week. It’s about 50 each time, and this apparently meets capacity limits in Delaware. I argued with him but he went the first time. Both my parents are over 70 and my mom is high risk, but he can’t give up his bowling.

My Dad mocks people who don’t wear masks and thinks they’re idiots. So the first week he goes and he tells me it was great, everyone wore their masks while they were bowling.

I ask him what that means and he tells me they took it off as teams back at their tables but wore them up while bowling.

I of course tell him this is crazy and he makes fun of people for far less. He says he was only exposed to the three or four people on his team, nobody else was within six feet. I explain how air moves from a/c, that six feet is outdated, and how aerosolized particles can move way way farther.

He tells me they’re following all state guidelines. I look it up and of course, they aren’t. They all are supposed to wear masks. Tuesday was his second time. I got into a full out shouting match on the phone with him Monday, we basically hung up on each other.

Talked to him tonight. He went, he claims he left his mask on, and 25% of people had masks on.

His arguments:

• We can’t just hide inside, we have to keep living our lives.
  • Nobody there had symptoms
  • Nobody in the league has caught it yet

I explained to him that it’s not going to be like one person catches it and gives it to a few, then they shut down. It’s going to be like one person catches it and gives it to 20-30 of the 50 people there.

But he says we have to live our lives and see what happens, and it’s his personal choice.

I guess I’m just going to call the Department of Health and report the bowling alley. I don’t know what else to do. He’s going to keep rolling the dice until there’s an outbreak in the bowling alley, because he’s an idiot and a selfish asshole.

Oh and the best part: he compared it to me golfing because I go into the pro shop for 1-2 minutes in an N95 to pay at a couple of courses that aren’t set up to take payment outside. What a fucking moron. 1-2 minutes inside in an N95 in an enclosed space with 2-3 people total including myself = 2-3 hours inside a bowling alley maybe in a surgical mask maybe not with 50 people, 75% of whom are not wearing masks.

Herp derp gotta keep living life, can’t skip 6 months of bowling and stick to golf. Fucking idiot, I’m afraid I’m going to end up losing both of my parents behind this stupidity.

7 Likes

Check for a Delaware website for reporting COVID-19 violations. May be easier and more effective than calling.

And ignore the pedophile adjacent creep that is trying to bait you into a derail, please.

Edit: here you go Contact - Delaware's Coronavirus Official Website

2 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

4 Likes

was that first hu4rollz challenge on this forum?

20 Likes

That’s a tough spot you’re in. It just amazes me that people think that way - I’ve been safe for 6 months, so now I deserve to go out, even though the pandemic is just as bad or worse than it was.

Sadly, you’re not going to win this argument with your dad, or any of the other idiots that think this way. So best you can do is try to mitigate the potential damage. I’d definitely report the bowling alley, but in all likelihood, he’s just going to find some other high risk social activity to replace it, so if you haven’t, I’d cut off in in person contact with him.

2 Likes

Genuinely don’t know anyone in MB going beyond immediate family for Thanksgiving. Stores aren’t even bothering to gave larger birds.

I thought about offering to meet him in Weehawken, but I figured this was more civil and profitable for me.

1 Like

Through in Plo or plo8 and I’m down, but u have to get some help man. I’ve seen people angry like u before. It gets worse and worse. Do you really think your daily behavior of searching out “low hanging fruit” to argue with and lol call names to is adult? Healthy?

Do u think u can take 7 days off from a forum?
How about 7 days of just not insulting people?
Have u admitted being wrong in your last 10k posts
50xs
10xs
Once?

We are all frustrated rn but it can be handled differently.

About the match, we should have no problem geographically. Ft Laud, Boston or AC work for me depending on the weather.

Yeah I’ve already limited it to golf in separate carts and hanging out on their deck with them. I’m hoping they’ll do 2-week quarantines for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas, but we’ll see. I’m not seeing anyone indoors without masks, unless they’re doing quarantines or testing.

My biggest concern here is that if my mom gets it she’s in big trouble and he either won’t admit that or doesn’t care, both of which are huge problems in more ways than one.

If you’re not angry you’re not paying attention or you’re an asshole. I’m not searching out anything, I’m calling out what I see when I see it. Of course being this angry is unhealthy, 2020 is a bitch. I was a happy dude before 2016.

Did that.

Sure if you don’t count elected Republicans.

More than once, probably than 50.

AC is easiest for me obviously but they all work. If we’re doing a mix, the Omaha variant needs to be a lower blind level than NLHE so they play at a similar size.

2 Likes

Sure I’m not picky . I’d like to avoid AC in dead of winter but we are most likely looking a little beyond that.

1 Like

Covid isn’t over

If you go outside and pretend it’s 2017, you are an asshole

Sorry man.

8 Likes