COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

3 Likes

If I’m inside with people I don’t even bother thinking about the six foot rule. I just wear a mask. And that would apply even if I knew I was going to be ten feet away from everyone.

The people that tilt me the most are the ones who wear a mask…and then take it off to talk. WTF? Wouldn’t that be the time when you’d want to keep it on?

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/1313251221520576513?s=21

5 Likes

@CaffeineNeeded, and other medical professionals -

Any insight into why cases seem pretty high but death rates seem to be lower? Younger people catching it, or better treatment options, or something else??

I would think it’s exactly this, but I’m not a doctor.

Cases are rising again, deaths will soon follow.

The rate lowering is mainly a function of more people getting tested. Next major influence is that more kids are getting it because schools reopened. Much smaller is treatment.

1 Like

We have an excellent WINNAR

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/gop-county-chair-in-arkansas-dies-from-19-his-committee-hosted-a-maskless-gathering-last-month/

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/1313301239749255169

https://twitter.com/fruitsareedible/status/1313302834524323840

2 Likes

Lol take the vacation. Biden is likely to win and that would lead to an end to all this fun quarantine stuff. Enjoy it while it lasts. I am.

How does Biden winning mean an end to WFH and the like? Wouldn’t we be more likely to have rolling lockdowns and the like going forward?

Numbers are starting to ramp up here now. We had almost no infections during the last 6 month then last week they found one in our hospital, then a patient who came in with a negative test and now they say even more staff has it. And its the same for the quite few hospitals in the cities around us. In one they found 25 cases how could that happen?
But actually you could expect it at some point. People were way to lazy with masks. Lots of people had to go on holidays all over Europe. Not enough people died so that the population took it actually serious.

It’s not going rogue to

a) keep 9ft. apart
b) wear masks
c) use plexiglass dividers
d) all of the above

Maybe 6ft. isn’t particularly unsafe (IDK) but Cuomo can do more than the minimum recommendations. Especially when it comes to wearing masks he should set an example even if it is not strictly necessary.

1 Like

eventually, but with trump in the WH i think i could end up working from home and daydrinking for years

1 Like

like my ideal apocalypse always included access to tv and internet and food and stuff. and here i am! i’m living the fucking dream.

oh, a wedding? i’m not going to that! and YOU’RE the jerk for even having a wedding at all! don’t you know it’s a pandemic?! lol when otherwise i’m the one getting grief for sleeping through it

11 Likes

The Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday released updated, stricter guidelines for coronavirus vaccine developers, a document that had been blocked for two weeks by top White House officials and that makes it highly unlikely that a vaccine could be authorized by Election Day.

The move, which was cleared by the Office of Management and Budget, appeared to be an abrupt reversal a day after The New York Times reported that White House officials, including Mark Meadows, the chief of staff, were blocking the guidelines.

The new guidelines recommend gathering extra data about the safety of vaccines in the final stage of clinical trials, a step that would take more time.

That sucks, but you really should be quarantining for 14 days.

You haven’t even been exposed long enough ago to have reliable positive test and you are contagious 1-2 days before showing up positive.

If everyone exposed would quarantine for 14 days each time then the pandemic would be much smaller.

2 Likes

Yeah incubation period is longer than a week

It sucks but it’s what everyone should be doing

Of course you have Pence debating a week after exposure so when nobody in power wants to follow the science it’s hard for everyone else to follow it.

3 Likes

So the originator of the COVID spread that got to my dad just tested positive again after falling sick again months after having it originally. Her husband rides on the van with my dad so if he tests positive, again, my dad’s going to have to quarantine, again, after being isolated for two months. Jesus, this sucks

2 Likes

Has she gotten sick both times?