COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

It’s October 2020

He should know better

He is actively harming people right now with his BS

are you fuckin kidding me right now

we are truly fucked if cuomo can say that 6 feet apart indoors no mask is fine and enlightened unstuckers are agreeing with the sentiment that is “meh”

7 Likes

Let me tell you, the spring and fall allergy seasons have really been a joy. There have been no psychosomatic symptoms at all and sometimes I’m very certain that I don’t have COVID.

5 Likes

It’s frustrating, because washing your hands is a thing we need to do on general principles and this virus can probably spread through contact transmission. It’s a good message to tell people to wash their hands and use sanitizer. On the other hand, the main mode of transmission remains droplet or aerosol, and you can’t let wiping things down be a substitute for social distancing.

do you agree with cuomo that 6 feet apart indoors no mask is fine?

Are we sure this quote isn’t out of context or otherwise some kind of slip-up / misunderstanding? Because I’ve watched basically all his press conferences and I’ve never heard him say anythign close to that. Quite the contrary.

Here’s the context for those interested

The context is, they are all sitting in this room doing a press conference. No masks. Here’s the photo.

cuomo conference

Reporter: I wonder if you can speak to the mask wearing culture in this room, in this office, and what it says as you talk about the need for enforcing laws and being consistent, what it says to those communities that uh, they are tweeting you as we speak about your presence together without masks

“We have sat in these seats six feet apart, socially distanced, without masks, since COVID started. The rule is, “6 feet apart”. Uh, and that’s what we do. This state has been a model of mask wearing. We were the first state to mandate masks in the USA. We have done more advertising for masks than any state in the nation.”

He goes off further about how he’s been the best governor for masks but avoids talking about this specific case, inside 6 feet apart, until a bit later when he comes back to:

“Don’t confuse people by putting forth you own mask wearing rules”. “If you are six feet apart, you do not need to wear a mask. Let alone, these people were all tested on basically a daily basis.”

4 Likes

Cuomo has been a total disaster with Covid. I’d like to hear a rational argument otherwise tbh.

No not Trump level bad but for a presumably competent person it is hard to imagine worse.

4 Likes

Yeah being better than Trump is not the bar we should expect our leaders to clear

Cuomo is falling short and I can’t believe UPers are stanning for him and his anti-science rhetoric.

2 Likes

can’t imagine taking anyone who liked that “meh” post seriously

I mean, he’s saying what the rule is, at the end he’s pretty clear that if there’s new data that says that six feet is not ok and the experts who make the rules, ie, not Cuomo, change it, he would abide that. What do you want him to do, undermine his own experts? Like, if it comes out later that he was working behind the scenes to keep his Department of Health from changing the rule despite them wanting to, OK, go to town on him, but y’all are again being fucking ridiculous imo to expect him to just contradict his own experts and health department rules in public.

He’s saying that it’s fine to hold an indoor press conference without masks as long as you’re 6 feet apart. That’s clearly false. Thanks

3 Likes

You have never made one post of substance on this site that has contributed in any meaningful way to the discourse. No one cares about your opinion, and you clearly didn’t understand my post. Fuck off.

3 Likes

Dude what? If 10 people stood around in a room 6 feet apart for infinity time and one of them had it everyone would have it very quickly.

6 feet isn’t magic and this whole the fucking governor has no responsibility for whatever dumb shit he is spewing is nonsense.

4 Likes

Uh, the posted tweet was pretty clearly about wearing masks during an indoor press conference and whether that is a good idea during a pandemic. I posted the relevant info. You’re the one talking about irrelevant shit. Go defend Warren for faking Native American ancestry or something, you’re better at that.

2 Likes

Cuomo is terrible but still better than Trump. None of that is surprising.

Actually, I completely agree with his opinion in the post you were replying to. So maybe you don’t care, but try not to speak for others.

4 Likes

You know what Governor has been walking the walk when it comes to mask wearing? Governor Inslee of Washington. I can’t remember seeing him in any situation not wearing a mask.

Hopefully he skates to an easy reelection.

6 Likes

Again, Cuomo is not a fucking epidemiologist, he’s the governor, it is not his call to just make up new technical rules on the spot and undermine his experts who actually make the rules in a fucking press conference in the middle of a pandemic.