COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Hang in there and stay safe!

You had to do your own swab?

There’s no way I could do to myself what the people that have tested me did to me. I think there must have been some brain tissue on the swab when they were done.

Yeah but it only had to go up one inch, I probably went up 2+ inches to be safe. I made my eyes water.

Mom got bacterial strep throat sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, seems fine and she is taking antibiotics, but fair inference that her mask game or distancing or hand washing game is lacking? She is definitely worried about covid and has a bunch of good masks (imo she goes to the grocery store too often and I don’t exactly know what she does when she’s walking around the park with the dog).

Unless she actually tested positive for strep throat meh. Lots of allergies masquerading as strep. I can’t test for strep anymore because it’s the same swab we use for covid

1 Like

She came back from urgent care today (regular doc apt is impossible to get), I’ll double check but she says that’s what they told her; she had a similar infection in February I think.

I’m way behind on the COVID thread(s) but got tested in like June or very early July sometime because of shortness of breath. Test came back negative but the breathing persisted. I chalked it up to anxiety but never had anxiety cause shortness of breath before. The last week I’ve been breathing normal again able to take deep refreshing breaths. Weird af.

I may need to stay at a hotel in a city for a few days.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel and regretted it during all of this?

Not a hotel, but we booked an airbnb for a weekend, was great.

Thanks man. I’m doing full distance education for the next two weeks.

I still have some colleagues who have to go to school and teach. Secondary school is just 4 years but our school has six. Poor fellas.

1 Like

I had shortness of breath for a day or two a month or so ago. Really exciting time to get a panic attack

3 Likes

I think there’s two different versions of the test - and only one them does the full brain jab.

I just gave blood. Red Cross seems to think temperature checks and masks are 100% sufficient. Not fun laying on the table while they’re jabbering above you.

I’m big fan of it has its own air system in each room. Avoid elevators.

I think all of us might want to give strong consideration to how we prepped before the first wave. Might even want to 1.5 it.

Masks, sanitizer, 3 month food supply, loading up/fronting on scrips, etc…

Winter is coming.

5 Likes

I just heard a commercial on the radio that really pissed me off. It was a black daughter telling her father she tested positive for covid. Dad says don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Daughter says no dad, you’re at risk, we need to be safe.

Ok - so far so good. I’m thinking she’s going to move out for a while - or at least isolate in her room. Nope - just going to wipe everything down and stop sharing hand towels. FFS - that’s not going to do it.

Why are we still sending people this message? GAHAHAH

I just go this freezer and it’s great. Stocking it up now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-7-cu-ft-upright-freezer-white/6346184.p?skuId=6346184

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NickReisman/status/1313169392738414593

I’m glad we didn’t listen to those that suggested this man become President, as it appears he is also somewhat of a moron.

8 Likes

For fucks sake

It doesn’t magically die after 6 feet

Meh, he’s not perfect. But he has sure done a lot to encourage mask wearing here, and that’s worth something.

2 Likes