COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

This is all good. Also, only one set of cohabitating people at a time. If someone lives alone, they are the only passenger.

1 Like

Well it ain’t super safe.

Do what CB said. Might be cold and rainy but they’ll deal if they want to vote.

It’s Virginia in early October, it’s can’t be that cold.

Took public transit today for first time since March. 100% mask compliance with noses covered.

What kind of mask do you have? Something better than cloth or surgical?

In my opinion, get an N95 or RZ mask. Then wear a surgical mask over the vents to protect your passengers as much as possible. That along with windows open and I would feel pretty safe.

2 Likes

Make sure recirculation mode is off if you’re using a/c.

3 Likes

Very few people are going to be able to properly wear an n95 for more than an hour or so

I’d have to shave my beard - which makes me look like Mitch McConnell. I’d rather just die.

My Dad, who is in a complete ongoing panic about covid, said basically the same thing (except he looks much better than me w/o a beard). Beards really force you to own up to your actual priorities.

The vet on The Zoo had to shave his beard to wear an N-95. Dude went from handsome to zero chin - and on a TV show! You know he wasn’t loving life. He probably had to have a heart to heart with himself about if he wanted to continue to work on cool animals like rhinos and lions, or spend his days squeezing Mr. FluffNStuff’s anal glands.

More than the beard, a properly fitted n95 literally hurts to wear for an extended period of time

I had to wear an N-95 (or similar) once for a job staining baseboards. I took it off after 30 minutes when it kept filling up with sweat. I always sweat first out of my face or top of my head. Luckily I only did that job for one day and hopefully don’t get black lung or something.

I get sweaty and claustrophobic after more than a couple minutes in a surgical mask, which given my beard is barely even a cover. It does make me brush my teeth more though - so that’s a good thing.

Even with just a cloth or surgical mask he should be fine, assuming windows open and passengers masked.

In addition, there is nothing preventing him from asking people basic COVID screening questions and/or taking their temperature before they get into the vehicle.

Mask everyone up and roll the windows down and most of the risk is your own I think. Sanitizing helps too. I’m happy to donate toward a box of masks for passengers if you do this, PM me if so.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1312481200108310528

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1312476884014256129

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1312465856530579457

WAAF

2 Likes

Is that still illegal in some states? (Transporting people to the polls)?

:disappointed:

The world is really going to need an effective vaccine sooner than later.

I think you’re allowed to take people, but not ballots. I could be wrong. It seems like giving people free rides has to be legal, but who knows?

Rides are legal in most or all states.

Wait, what?

I feel like I’m watching natural selection in action. Takes me back to the time I would watch Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom in the living room with my uncles and grandparents. So enjoyable.

2 Likes