COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

*As long as it’s not a 6-pack of this every night.

JFC

https://twitter.com/shearm/status/1335756734263156737?s=21

2 Likes

We lose elections to these people. All the time.

2 Likes

that nyt article is pretty damn frustrating, as I find the early quotes all quite reasonable (I’m not down with forcing a vaccine on people), and yet I know this woman has said much crazier shit.

So looking at all the states in detail, a lot of the Midwestern states have either plateaued (Michigan, Minnesota, Kansas, Illinois, Ohio) or are declining (Iowa, the Dakotas, Wisconsin) in new cases. Indiana is visibly getting worse, so it’s an outlier in the region.

The new gains are being driven by the south, Florida, California, NY/NJ, PA, and a few others. Basically filling out the map so everyone is approaching a similar rate per capita.

But to what do we attribute new caseload plateauing or declining in a lot of Midwestern states?

Testing capacity is a factor. Many of these states still have apocalyptic pozz rates (like 50%) although they have generally stabilized or fallen as cases have declined.

But it’s an interesting trend nonetheless. It didn’t seem likely that the summer wave would suddenly halt in AZ, GA, FL, and TX, but it by and large did, and faster than we would have anticipated.

Is Iowa actually doing a better job social distancing than New Jersey? It seems impossible.

many people in the midwest realized what’s happening and started wearing masks and self isolating, even if governors didn’t order anything. the rest of the states are starting to catch up because i guess interstate travel is still happening, so they are getting a wave as inter-community spread. also, thanksgiving travel is concentrated around cities, so it’s just a confluence of everything. shelter in place, wait for vaccine. if you can.

Just a guess, but I think when you get smaller communities overwhelmed, then peoples’ behavior modifies. As we mentioned before when it’s in your small town or in your family things change. Not for the biggest dimwits, but for enough folks.

@nunnehi if you are lurking feel free to PM any interesting graphs.

I always had a hunch that Rudy banged chickens. I’m glad he came out of the closet.

1 Like

He must have been out with Randy and Mickey.

1 Like

I’m clueless lol. Who are they ?

South Park Coronavirus episode.

Spoiler

The main Dad on the show, and Mickey Mouse go “baller” in China late in 2019 with a bat and a pangolin.

2 Likes

Just unbelievable.

Senate
22 R
0 D

House
About 50/50.

Weird.

5 Likes

I count 21 R pozzes in the House to 11 Dems. Tougher to avoid groups of people on the House floor, I’d imagine. Dems following quarantine procedure more closely and thus having more quarantines than the GOP? Dems wearing masks better so equal exposure/quarantines, fewer pozzes?

The quarantine vs poz thing was confusing.

But apparently believing in science over magic is safer.

1 Like

I’m 100% against people volunteering to be a mod because that’s how you get the wrong people, and the more zealous they are the worse they will be for this forum.

I do think the forum needs more Euro mods to break up the sense of an “old boys club”. Do you have time to do it? It’s not nearly as much work a people make it out to be, and you’d be in a team of 5 or so.

Got a tweet notification saying Rudy died, not seeing it anywhere reputable tho

Eta: appears fake

We went through this with Rush Limbaugh last week.

These fucks never die.

4 Likes

Seems way too quick for him to have died already given what we know about typical timeline but hey we can hope