COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

We have no idea how long hes been pozzed though. If he was rushed to the hospital, he has to be a number of days into positivity at this point.

I had the talk with the wife and mother in law about us not coming home for Christmas. They both were incredibly receptive to it. They probably both knew deep down, but didn’t want to admit it yet. We instead decided to meet each other halfway (3 hours for both us) and swap gifts that we had ordered, do a quick masked hug outside, and zoom each other Christmas morning to open everything.

I’m going to do a seafood smorgasbord that day and drink numerous beers. Should be great!

16 Likes

Today I found out two more people I know pretty well have COVID (no connection to each other), and a coworker yesterday. The common thread in all three of them is loss of taste and smell.

One of them has had three negative results but completely lost taste and smell concurrent with a cold, and was in close contact with a known pozz, so she’s like 99%+ to have it, but has tested negative three times. PCR and quick tests.

Another got a PCR and quick test at the same time. Quick test negative, PCR test positives.

I kinda feel like tests in general and quick tests in particular are useless for clearing someone of COVID.

Anyone hear from Witchita? Wonder if he went to ER.

4 Likes

+1 @WichitaDM hopefully all is well?

When a user was last seen is right on their profile page.

I am alive. I feel 90% better and pulse ox is back to normal or at least close. I didn’t go to work today and grilled pineapple and shrimp and then made some fried rice with it. Sitting out with Donald in beautiful 55-60 degree sunny weather today. Much better day than the last two.

51 Likes

Weird, I had a dream you’d be sitting outside with pineapple and shrimp friend rice and a terrycloth Trump.

13 Likes

It’s a dog chew toy haha!

1 Like

Looks like it could also substitute for TP in a pinch.

Heh, I said pinch.

1 Like

I took a pic of my food and my wife asked why. When I told her she took that instead and said she thought it would be funny so here we are. She is pretty great.

4 Likes

We know it’s a flesh light

9 Likes

I bought the exact same dog chew lol. Glad u are feeling better.

2 Likes

This got a huge laugh. Thank you.

1 Like

Didn’t see what happened to you @WichitaDM but glad you’re feeling better too. Sounds like you’re having a nice day.

Wife sounds awesome.

4 Likes

Basically a Covid scare due to symptoms and low phone pulse ox numbers. It was that or alcohol withdrawal as I decided to take a break that coincided… It eventually turned out the cure was time and some mimosas after feeling like total shit for a few days from what I can tell. Glad it probably wasn’t Covid. Yes I am weak but still intend to try tapering my usage. My wife also reminded me every time I go cold turkey I feel awful although this time was the worst ever by a bit.

4 Likes

I bet the psychologically worrying covid made it feel twice as bad as before.

1 Like

Damn glad it was only that. Are you high risk? You aren’t weak. Not sure how you mean it but you aren’t weak physically because alcohol withdrawal is a motherfucker or weak mentally because thats some scary shit. My best friend had an anxiety attack this weekend over a covid scare.

Shes the overweight one who isn’t really taking it as seriously as she should be, hopefully she’s negative and hopefully she takes it more seriously after this. But she had close contact with a positive.

1 Like
3 Likes

Will the my pillow guy be there?

1 Like