COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Omg that’s basically what I was trying to say lol!!! Except you just said it waaay better!!

Here’s a fun trip into the Wayback Machine. The date I pulled for this one was April 17, 2020:

Brace yourself for what’s inside.

1 Like

The IMHE model and it’s flaws were discussed extensively long before this article was written.

1 Like

Lol I thought that article was gonna talk about how IMHE was too low, but it went the other way

Lololol

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1305220707085889536?s=20

What the hell does that have to do with what I posted? I was one of the people talking about how IHME is a joke way back then. It’s an article from April saying we would be down to zero deaths at the beginning of June. This was your last warning. You’re about to be on ignore with even one more of these crappy ‘dunk’ attempts.

You weren’t posting here in March or April.

Also my post is directly related to what you posted. We spent hundreds of posts, maybe more, discussing how bad that model sucks. No one who has followed along needs to brace for anything.

3 Likes

THAT’S IT!!! ANOTHER CRAPPY DUNK ATTEMPT???

THIS IS YOUR LAST AND FINAL PENULTIMATE WARNING, PUNK!!!

YOU’RE GOING TO BE ON THE LIST IF YOU DO THIS ONE OR TWO MORE TIMES!

I mean nun cmon dude. I would have made the same post to anyone. You weren’t here from Feb-June unless you were posting from second account or were lurking the entire time. I don’t see how pointing out that we already extensively discussed and even attempted to reverse engineer their shitty model back in late March/early April is some kind of personal attack.

Ignore me if you want but personally I think you should try to figure out why you lash out at an awful lot of us. It can’t be healthy.

4 Likes

Your language such as “brace yourself” made it sound like you were seriously suggesting your link was a revelation. People may not perceive you as someone capable of sarcasm.

Would you react this way to a standard pony joke?

1 Like

You didn’t read what he posted

He was posting an article saying the IMHE has too many deaths predicted.

It was “brace yourself” because it was even worse than you thought it would be

He just posted it as a throwback Thursday with a twist and everyone jumped on him without reading it.

2 Likes

Oh, you thought I posted the article seriously as if I didn’t know IHME is a joke, something I flagged toward the end of March right when I first became aware of it as garbage? Really? This wasn’t a pony thing, this was a ‘look how wrong this article got it’ 5 months ago thing. I even prefaced it with let’s go into the Wayback Machine. I guess no one here is aware of Sherman and Mr. Peabody.

I know it’s hard to believe for some of the people around here but there’s a bigger world out there than UP, and I don’t have to be posting here to know things like this even before anyone noticed it here. But carry on holding the water of humorless goons telling me how I must fix myself when bringing up something I thought some people would find humorous about how ludicrously wrong it ultimately got it.

Served, I guess. /sarcasm

I admit I didn’t read the whole thing but I did skim it. My point was there was a ton of debate on whether the model was over/under estimating deaths in those early weeks. I even bet Suzzer on it and EmpireMaker bet a large amount of money that the model was overestimating the number. So I’m not really surprised there is an article you can find making that argument on April 17th tbh.

I also fail to see how anyone jumped on him. Posting “we discussed this extensively at the time” to someone who wasn’t posting at that point isn’t exactly jumping on him.

1 Like

Damn, now I’m ponied.

You want everyone to treat you with kid gloves while calling people “humorless goons” and all the other personal insults in most of your posts. It doesn’t exactly add up man. It never has.

Either post better or get thicker skin because I don’t think this place is ever going to turn into the utopia you want it to be where we worship your analysis as you call us stupid.

I mean this is what the 100th time someone makes a harmless response to what you post and your lawnmower goes into orbit and then you publicly melt down for a dozen posts or more?

4 Likes

Let the record show that we were all ponied by nunn back in March, even though he wasn’t even here.

7 Likes

My county had 0 cases reported today. First time ever, I believe. Hope it continues.

8 Likes

On the one hand, congratulations. On the other hand, go fuck yourself.

9 Likes

I’m trying to block that out as the dumbest bet I’ve ever made in my life.

1 Like

Don’t beat yourself up, it’s not like you had access to an entire forum of people posting in depth analysis and projections!