COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

States Clearly to Mostly Clearly on the Rise:

Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida (slightly unclear but not much), Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and West Virginia

How much I told you so can they do if there are 400k dead in 2020 as the bad model predicts?

“Congrats! You survived, but 400k plus of your countrymen are dead”

Seriously? They’ll do allllll the I told you so.

400K? Maybe on the FAKE NEWS CNN tally, but the CDC themselves said only 6% were really COVID deaths. 24K? Obama killed 40K with Ebola and 100K with swine flu, libtard! Stop being such a snowflake. Trump 2036!!!

1 Like

Yeah I know they WILL do it

But whatever; we all know the truth so that won’t bother me that much

Nah, they just don’t care and want to be able to do what they want to do when they want, no exceptions. It’s no deeper than that.

3 Likes

He wants them to cheer for him, gives no fucks if they die, and he thinks it makes him look strong and Biden look weak, which helps him win.

5 Likes

I don’t see how images of overloaded hospitals and frozen morgue trucks and stacks of bodies in the second half of October helps Trump though. His approval on Covid response is like 35% now right? (Edit: Right!)

If stacks of bodies of ANTIFA victims could happen then, on the other hand…

In today’s episode of my family is all ignorant morons we have a doozy. My wife and I went camping all weekend with the plan being to drop by my niece’s graduation party at the lake on the way home. I mean it’s at the lake so it will be outside right? This part of our family has at least been pretending to us they are taking it seriously and wearing masks etc. My niece has had a rough high school experience as she had a baby as a Freshman and so finishing is something to celebrate. We debated going or not but ended up deciding being supportive outweighed the risk.

Well the joke was on us. We got there and the entire thing was inside this metal building at the lake. 50+ people were there crammed into maybe a 30x40 room. Zero masks were worn and zero masks even seemed to be in anyone’s possession. A lot of 60+ people were in attendance. I mean WHAT THE FUCK. We said our congrats and noped out as quickly as we could. People looked at us like we were aliens for wearing masks.

I was stunned but I guess I shouldn’t be. How none of these people have gotten Covid yet I have no idea.

24 Likes

If they haven’t had it yet, good chance they got it tonight!

I mean you aren’t wrong that it being bad helps him in terms of the logistics of voting since his supporters think it’s a hoax

At the same time, 99% of his strategy is what helps him today, not the future, so not buying it’s purposeful.

He just wants the economy to be good and get re-elected.

1 Like

Like everything else, he may have moved too soon. His quick trigger may be what’s saving us. Thank goodness he’s a one minute man.

My senior year I got Sports Director at the student sports station, which was a big honor since it was the #1 sports journalism program in the country and highly competitive at the student sports station.

One of my professors said “Congratulations and condolences.”

Seems appropriate here, too.

Let me guess - it was gorgeous outside?

High 70s and sunny.

High 70s? Yuck, no thanks. Let me know when it hits 72 with a gentle breeze and lightly interspersed puffy clouds.

Why the fuck would you want to be outside in that? The sun could wilt cake icing.

1 Like

The bottom line is 99% of the public is scared until they do one risky thing, and nothing happens.

My mom, and sister (who is liberal, at-risk, and totally believes covid is real) told me as much. They had a family gathering, no one got sick, so they figure that’s safe now. They cannot process the “Russian Roulette with N (unknown) chambers” concept.

I knew I was playing Russian Roulette going along with the family program in Denver. I have no desire to continue pushing my luck. Especially since apparently I have high blood pressure for the first time in my life.

5 Likes

The median USA intelligence is pretty effin stupid. And it really doesn’t matter their education. Some of the dumbest people I know have advanced degrees which makes them really dangerous as they get all kinds of credibility and advancement and can do real damage.

2 Likes

Ya it’s pretty much this plus seeing others do dumb shit and it having (as of yet) no consequence. The ignorance and stupidity is contagious also.

2 Likes

Seconding this so hard. I’m back in my office 1 or 2 days a week working with mechanical and electrical engineers and hoooooboy smart people can be stone cold morons too.

5 Likes

Everybody is a fucking moron, including every person on this board. Some people are just better than others at faking otherwise to the other morons when they are out in public/work.

Remember the smart take is that we are all just more highly evolved monkeys.

1 Like