COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Homeowner where I’m working has two sons and a daughter in law who tested positive. They have mild to no symptoms. He and his wife tested negative.

My exposure here is quite small on the roof.

5 Likes

170k cases and 2.2k deaths. it’s 12:21 on the west coast. usa is setting records today.

When this old world starts getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face
I climb way up to the top of the stairs
And all my cares just drift right into space
On the roof, it’s peaceful as can be
And there the world below can’t bother me
Let me tell you now

When I leave home looking snazzy and neat
I go up where the air is fresh and sweet (up on the roof)
I get away from the deadly disease
And all that rat-race noise down in the street (up on the roof)
On the roof, the only place I know
Where you just have to wish to make it so
Let’s go up on the roof (up on the roof)

3 Likes

Which site?

Polls indicate large swathes of the US public are reluctant to get the jab.

A Gallup poll - conducted in October before the results of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine trials were released - showed roughly six in 10 Americans would be willing to take the vaccine, up from a low of 50% in September.

No vaccination has yet been approved in the US, but government regulators will be examining Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines in the coming weeks.

wapo

Rut roh?

I’m In the 268M group. If I gain a few pounds I can get my BMI over 30. Maybe next time I go to the dr I’ll throw some lead in my pockets. Don’t have to strip down for a routine physical.

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Do allergies/asthma count as a covid health risk?

Also, would Obama getting a vaccine count as a devils milkshake? Or it won’t because we agree that vaccines aren’t dangerous? We’d need a new term for this kinda thing, a term for getting yourself vaccinated early and pretending that you’re only doing to to convince other people that it’s safe.

I’m behind 270 million unless I count as an essential worker (construction counted as essential for the stay at home order), then it’s behind 128 million, unless me providing part-time home care for two old people makes me a health care worker, then I’m behind very few people.

I think I’m behind 135 million, but that’s because I checked off “teacher” even though I’m pretty sure that only applies to K-12.

1st in line, or “very few” according to that nyt piece

5 Likes

Have I missed the part where they say how often you’ll have to take the vaccine?

They don’t know yet. I think Moderna showed 4 month trends that look good. Just going to take time to know when people might need boosters.

Mentally plan on annual and be surprised if it’s less.

4 Likes

I have no direct knowledge on veracity

https://twitter.com/roto_tudor/status/1334534101265682434?s=21

trip report when it happens please.

haha I’m guessing it won’t be much.

fuck that picture. went through it. fuck it-fuck it-fuck it.

i don’t know, there are stories on nyt/cnn about “side effects”. typical scare tactics i guess.