COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

This is the video in that post

https://twitter.com/tarvariouswwmt/status/1334341498368897024?s=21

2 Likes

I’ve just started reading “The Testaments” which contains a more detailed description of the fall as well as life just across the border, one of the main characters is of course, a lawbro. I’m kinda convinced now that we’re witnessing the fall of the republic up close and we’re headed for bad stuff.

Like if 60% of the country doesn’t believe in the scientific consensus around the virus, basically they’ll just accept anything that happens going forward.

This, in a nutshell, is why we have to purge the olds from politics ASAP. These people had decades of pre-Mitch political experience which are now worse than worthless. They’re the modern day equivalent to British generals who bought their job fighting Napoleon, getting waffle crushed, and then making excuses about how he didn’t fight honorably. The old rules are finished and the old duopoly with it. The GOP has things exactly how they want them, which means they have absolutely no incentive to allow anything different to happen and their entire strategy reflects that. Nothing is going to get done ever again if Mitch has anything to say about it.

3 Likes

4% continued growth in cases at 28 day cfr is
1.5M/day cases and 10K/day deaths on Jan 20. That would bake in 30K deaths/day 28 days further out.

I’m not publishing the graph, it just can’t get that bad.

1 Like

Fauci throwing some shade lol - how long can you stare at one set of results during a pandemic before making a decision? I suppose UK should have had a summit to delay matters :)

Dr Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious disease expert, has said that the UK was not as rigorous as the US in its Covid-19 vaccine approval process.

“The UK did not do it as carefully,” he told Fox News. “If you go quickly and you do it superficially, people are not going to want to get vaccinated.”

Dr Fauci said the US approval of the vaccine would come “very soon”.

Tad harsh on the French and Belgians

The UK is getting a coronavirus vaccine first because it is a “much better country” than France, Belgium and the US, says the education secretary.

Also UK

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1334543848333332482
(from a BBC article)

In each case, the business trips must result in a deal which creates or preserves 50 jobs or leads to a £100,000 investment or order, according to the Department for Transport.

Will be interested to see how that will work… as if it will.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1333946722523910145?s=21

10 Likes

and to add … that emoji
Clipboard01s
lol

briefcase-wanker-40545985

3 Likes

I’m in 23rd millionth place.

4 Likes

damn

you’re in line behind 270 million people across the United States.

2 Likes

My wife is literally at the front of the line. I am quite a bit further back, but am very much looking forward to them vaxxing my wife. Seriously she’s like 100% of my risk of contracting COVID. I don’t care if I have to live like this for another 12 months if they’ll just guarantee that my wife won’t bring it home from work.

7 Likes

Same. See you in line. I’ll bring the chairs if you bring the beer.

1 Like

Well its alright. I’m going to the end of the line.

1 Like

Same. I’m wondering if any of the following will help me

-spouse of a health care worker
-high blood pressure/cholesterol
-I’ve worked throughout the pandemic maybe my law practice is essential?

I assume no and I will be waiting a long time.

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

I’m either behind 23 million or 280 million, depending on whether my heart condition counts. I apparently have a bicuspid aortic valve (found out two years ago), but it’s not heart “disease” per se, so I don’t know if it would make me more prone to die from COVID.

Back story: I wasn’t feeling great for a couple weeks two years ago and had trouble getting a full breath, like I had to yawn. Doc did some tests and saw a “blip” in the EKG, so he sent me to a cardiologist. They did a scan and found the valve issue. Said my heart was fine other than that and to just go back every couple years for a rescan (guess I should make the appointment). I still have the breathing issue on and off - I’m guessing it’s some combination of allergies, lack of sleep, and stress.

2 Likes

I’m at 126.5 millionth. But it has me immediately ahead of 216k teachers, which doesn’t seem right.

Creepy

2 Likes

the buckets are screwed up. i bet we are all really in the 268.7-350m range. no way i’m behind eyebooger. smh

1 Like