COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Dabo and Gundy too

You can try using a thick string or a rubber band to connect the loops together and use that to pull it tighter on the back of your head.

But id just buy the kind with the straps that go on your head instead of your ears. And i think if you looked hard enough you could find smaller ones.

1 Like

In fairness, we have said lol [every sport] that has started up, and so far they have all finished I think. The key is that it doesn’t really matter when teams get it and spread a bunch of cases.

I’m pretty amazed at the NFL still chugging along. Figured there would be enough infections by now to postpone the season.

they all saw what works for nba/mlb. it’s not magic or anything. it’s frequent testing, bubble, and masks. pro teams don’t yolo like the church.

Apparently the Utah Jazz want 1500 fans in their lower bowl. Seems bad.

The college basketball season started Wednesday, and I don’t think ive seen if any of these games have had cheerleaders or bands, let alone paying fans.

Read an article about the swine flu vaccine and its side effects this morning. In 2009 Sweden urged its people to get vaccinated against the swine flu with a new vaccine from GlaxoSmithKline. Afterwards several hundred people developed narcolepsy. Of course now they are wary about the new vaccines developed for Corona. Nobody knew about the side effects of the swine flu vaccine because it was only recently developed. If people read about that I assume a lot will be scared. Hell I am not sure how cheerful I should be that we might have a vaccine available soon but nobody knows what will happen in the longterm.

1 Like

Try ear savers. Piece of fabric with buttons that goes behind your head. Some are adjustable.

If you want to support a person vs Bezos try Etsy and get a homemade version.

Also some do it yourself ideas in these pics. Google tons of solutions out there.

2 Likes

All the sports leagues have worked to varying degrees because they either bubbled (NBA/NHL) or they don’t give a shit how much disease they spread and they are willing to have 25% of the games canceled every week and figure out how to deal with it later (NFL/MLB/NCAA). There have been several players in that latter category who ended up long haulers. Whether or not that ends their career who knows. The leagues keep printing money and that’s literally all that matters.

1 Like

Shocking /s

These covid speakeasies have been becoming a thing during the second wave throughout Prague.

Opposing these things is not exclusive to America. People are annoyed in private really whereas it’s more aggressive and showy in the states.

https://twitter.com/kate_ptrv/status/1332398737604431874?s=21

9 Likes

…onion?

The number of people hospitalized with coronavirus infections in California has doubled in just the last two weeks and is rapidly headed to breaking past its summertime high, according to a Times analysis.

The surge in hospitalizations came as California surpassed another bleak milestone: More than 19,000 deaths related to COVID-19, according to The Times’ independent county-by-county tally.

There were nearly 6,650 people with coronavirus infections in California’s hospitals as of Thursday, double the number that existed on Nov. 11, when 3,300 people were hospitalized. Thursday’s hospitalization numbers were 93% of the peak of COVID-19 hospitalizations, which was recorded in mid-July, when 7,170 people were in the hospital.

The extraordinary growth in hospitalizations is accelerating at a sustained pace that is unprecedented since the first months of the pandemic. In Los Angeles County, the total number of people who are in hospitals with coronavirus infections is jumping by roughly 80 patients a day on average over a seven-day period — a rate of increase not seen since the earliest weeks of the pandemic.

By Thursday, more than 1,950 people with coronavirus infections were hospitalized in L.A. County. That’s more than 87% of L.A. County’s worst day for hospitalizations, in mid-July, when more than 2,200 COVID-19 patients were in hospitals.

Health officials in Los Angeles County have sounded the alarm that they are on pace to see a shortage of beds — especially in intensive care units — over the next two to four weeks if these trends continue.

Epidemiologists have also started to raise concerns about an increasing trend of restaurants beginning to erect sheets of plastic surrounding their outdoor dining areas to protect diners from the wind.

Surrounding a dining area with plastic sheeting or other material blocking air flow helps keep the coronavirus floating inside what’s basically a tent, instead of the tiny respiratory particles being blown away by the wind. That makes it more probable that other people will breathe in larger quantities of the virus and be infected by their dining companions.

1 Like

Scented candle sales the next connected thermometer/sewage study indicator of covid spread

Jim Boeheim has always been a piece of shit.

I met two who were really genuinely nice people:

Bill Stewart (fired after three seasons at WVU), and Greg Robinson (fired after four seasons at Syracuse, 5-37)

I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

As I’ve told my friend, I’ve mostly been right about the spread (which is to say the collective wisdom of Unstuck has mostly been right), but I’ve been completely wrong about how much tolerance American society has for massive amounts of death, sickness and suffering.

The way college basketball could survive is that they’ll just pozz everyone and keep going.

I mean it’s more a testament to them not caring about the cases they’ve had than them doing a world-class job controlling the spread. I have a feeling Thanksgiving is going to cause them some problems next week.

Sounds like a KN95 instead of an N95.Someone already sent you the link to the N95s from Bona Fide, that’s what I’ve been using. I like the moulded ones more, but it’s personal preference. I have the same KN95’s as you for really quick stuff - running into the bathroom when doing an outdoor gathering, running in a store for < 5 mins, etc. I tied a little loop off on the ear pieces so that it gets a bit tighter of a fit. The nose thing I really pinch down tight on to get to seal off.

Things are primed to open a bit more on Monday in the Czech Republic. Not a whole lot but a little bit.

Reproduction rate has been below 1 for a month and positive test rate is now half its peak number. The number of daily hospitalizations and deaths has also decreased.

Schools might open up a bit more too. What will happen there is unknown and it’s stressing everybody out.

The one thing that’s being underreported is the decrease in the number of tests conducted. It makes the raw number of cases look very deceiving. Don’t know why it has decreased either.

1 Like

Which NBA/NFL players are long haulers? Hadn’t heard about that.

The Jags starting running back to start the season and the Red Sox pitcher to name two. NBA didn’t have any partially bc they bubbled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/02/red-sox-ace-27-wont-pitch-this-season-because-heart-ailment-linked-covid-19/

I don’t think any major names and it’s been kept pretty quiet I think. In Philly there are some writers that think MLB Player Scott Kingery was having breathing issues during the season after having it in the spring. There was a Red Sox player with a heart problem.

I’d put good money we learn about low 10s of pro/college having long term issues. The math is just getting to too big to avoid it. Even a 100 athletes pozzing there has to be some with more severe or long haul cases. Given the fat kids and old/fat coaches and the rising case count, that particular Russian roulette gun chamber is get spun more and more each day.

I think Kentucky played football with 14-15 players out. The Colts are still playing this weekend with several key players out.

No way it gets better but it’s big business so they will push through. The professionals have compensation and representation. The colleges are insane.

Dabo is a d b too. Also a Jesus freak.

1 Like