COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

My hotdogs are made from only the finest sphincters

How’d you miss the obvious artisanal joke?

3 Likes

competency — specifically, within federal government agencies — is the solution to a destructive crisis. This is comforting to watch, like a sort of public health “West Wing.”

Holy shit, dunking on West Wing has gone mainstream, you guys. It’s not just us on here UP realizing that show’s philosophy was a bullshit liberal fantasy.

4 Likes

The death shenanigans will only keep happening until 1/20/21, then suddenly the death numbers will double.

2 Likes

once you cook a 10 lbs bird it’s probably at most 6 lbs, and another 1-1.5 of bones.

I really could care less what any of you eat. I am just very surprised I am left of some of you guys on it. I smoke brisket and pork shoulder like 2x a month. Jwax would rightfully think we are all insane. I don’t personally get saving a couple bucks on meat to eat at the Tyson feed trough but I’m sure you have your reasons. The more humanely sourced stuff tastes way better than frozen trash meat. It’s also not supporting corporate ghouls.

2 Likes

Guys: stop eating ground beef. It’s just not good on any level.

1 Like

I agree with you that we should not waste btw. Tyson chicken is full of stuff like ammonia and shit.

You outflanked me!

2 Likes

It took 26 minutes, butt I think I just got it

1 Like

Yeah I actually agree with this but didn’t really consider it in my apparent eagerness to talk about chicken dicks. Fair point. We use our carcasses for making stock, fwiw. Kind of a PITA, but highly recommended.

I know this is not the thread for this, but I did post in here about my step-f-in-l, the medical people are itt, and this is important.

So, the lame hospital not only was unreachable through most of this, they sorta suddenly dropped him off at home with no pain prescription and only instructions not to take aspirin.

He had a mild head injury with a small amount of bleeding and a broken hip which they replaced. He’s 95 or 96. In considerable pain I think. Can’t get through to anyone.

At our disposal is ibuprofrin (or other non-aspirin over the counter) or hydrocodone-acetamin.

I know no one can really give a real medical opinion here, but is there any obvious reason he couldn’t at least have a regular dose of ibuprofen?

@CaffeineNeeded? (I forget who the other medical people are (aside from Hobbes))

7 Likes

This is Wichita’s wife (long time icu nurse). Does he have a pcp after hours call number? I can’t give medical advice but I’d recommend reaching out to them or an urgent care after hours service. Hope he finds relief :pensive:

4 Likes

Fuck man, best wishes.

2 Likes

They have numbers to call, but apparently no answer so far.

Thanks for answering. Thanks Wichita too.

3 Likes

Adelaide under lockdown today, I grew up in this neighbourhood:

City’s main shopping mall:

4 Likes

Have the spiders taken over yet?

9 Likes

Older people’s weaker immune systems mean vaccines do not tend to function as well as they do in younger people.

These trial results from the University of Oxford, peer-reviewed in the Lancet, suggest that may not be a problem.

They show that older adults aged 56-69 and over 70 had a similar immune response to younger adults aged 18-55.

Dr Maheshi Ramasamy, an investigator at the Oxford Vaccine Group, said: "We were pleased to see that our vaccine was not only well tolerated in older adults, but also stimulated similar immune responses to those seen in younger volunteers.

1 Like

I’m back. I just want to say I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope for the best for you and your step FIL. I can’t imagine how frustrating this is.

Czech government proposing a 30 day state of emergency extension (maximum duration they can at one time) but they’re facing resistance from almost every party.

Basically, nobody wants to work with ANO and its minority government no matter what it is because of how hated they are outside of their own supporters.

Reality is that this wouldn’t be necessary if ANO didn’t botch the handling of the second wave to begin with. But the 30 day extension is the right move.

In the end, I expect another 14 day extension.

Anyway, here’s how the government is handling it. It’s called protiepidemický systém, which translates to “anti-epidemic system”. I’ve only been able to find info on it in Czech. So I don’t know exact changes based on level. The country as a whole is at level 4 with some parts at 5 and others at 3. Basically the country as a whole is unlikely to drop to level 3 by Christmas without a 30 day state of emergency extension