COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

In August, doctors reported a 25-year-old Nevada man appeared to be the first documented case of Covid-19 reinfection in the US. The man was first diagnosed with Covid-19 in April and after getting better – and testing negative twice – he tested positive for the virus a little more than a month later.

“So 38 million cases worldwide. A couple of dozen cases of reinfection reported so far,” Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, a chief scientist at the World Health Organization, told CNN earlier this week.

So if I get coronavirus and recover, I should still keep quarantining because there is a 1 in a x million chance I will get reinfected?

On The Media has some solid reporting on the vaccine:

1 Like

I don’t think you know the definition of the word quarantine.

I’m less concerned about total immunity and more concerned that if you go six months, a year, five years, a decade without catching it that your body can fend it off the second time more like a common cold and less like a life altering illness. That’s basically what you’re referring to with B-cell and T-cell immunities, right?

The good thing about Rand is the back of his head is just as punchable as the front.

1 Like

At some point we are going to need a way to ID the immune from the not immune once we roll out the vaccine.

They had wrist bands in the movie Contagion. We all know it would be counterfeit city.

Now would we put antibody positive people on there same list?

I’m def in the camp that for now, antibody positive people should mask in public if for courtesy if nothing else.

1 Like

In what context?

That was fake news they are in gitmo with Hillary.

1 Like

It’s so the dumbass anti-vaxxers can be ID’d and refused service.

Concert and sports attendance. Basically opening things up. NFW are we going to wait for vaccine mediated community immunity. Restaurants and venues are going to want to be able to freely serve the immune.

Not saying I agree just being practical.

Not sure who all are in the 14 but assuming they are all excellent nominees. Is Uncle Ben still alive?

1 Like

Well in things I don’t know:

Is that politically palatable for enough of the country? I’m guessing no.

In things I do know:

Early on you can’t really do this, still need a lot of restrictions even with the vaccine in 10-20% of the country at least.

Though nowhere near as bad as the U.S. and elsewhere, things are breaking the wrong way in Japan.

I don’t know about a few, probably more. My hospital network was sitting on a stack of cash before COVID and now every month is either barely in the black with elective surgeries. Without surgeries we’ll burn through our reserves.

The other hospital network in our area went on a spending spree before COVID trying to snatch up all the practices and hospitals in like 3 metro areas, COVID hit and they’re now outsourcing departments left and right with even with elective surgeries.

These mid to large sized hospital networks.

herd immunity can be achieved with vaccine. it’s not achievable by getting covid by the population.

I don’t want to speak for him, but Will is in WA in the Seattle area.

1 Like

isn’t that highly dependent on viral mechanisms and assumes corona won’t mutate over the course of a year?

the contagion fauci doesn’t immunize at the end but wears the wristband. is he just counting on herd immunity?

It does, but the mechanism of sars-cov-2 seems to have an immunogenic aspect that doesn’t rapidly mutate as it’s the protein that allows cell entry.

At least, that’s how I understand it. I don’t want to play my ‘i’m a doctor’ card here I’m way outside of my training here.

This is basically poker with my uncles growing up.

1 Like