COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

It is still getting steeper somehow.

WTF??? Allowing asymptomatic cases to continue working in hospitals is fucking criminal.

2 Likes

There’s no justification of that. Every break room is a hot spot now

7 Likes

I could read your post either way but I assume it is agreeing with me. The pozzed staff won’t just be coming into contact with other pozzed people. They will spread the virus to their coworkers and eventually they will spread it to non-covid patients.

Now is that better than people dying in unstaffed hospital beds? Not sure. I assume not because if the hospital turns into a wall to wall hotspot then where does anyone feel safe getting care.

The fact they are at this point and have literally enacted zero statewide policies to try and slow it down is insane. A literal death cult.

2 Likes

How do you read that post other than caffeine saying there is no justification for making people work while positive?

2 Likes

Because it says the complete opposite. Caffeine is saying that while it sucks that there will be asymptomatics working at the hospital there are asymptomatics working in every job in the whole country and every break room everywhere is a hot spot.

Yeah it’s a two poster double negative so I had to read it a couple of times too. Right now there aren’t enough medical personnel to go around in these places and their positivity rates are off the charts. Nobody is going home who can still work. Every person down for a two week quarantines work still has to be done and they’re already short staffed.

This is going to be a really shitty winter.

My head just exploded

1 Like

Yeah anyone with an even slightly naturally (or just forced) optimistic mindset would read that the wrong way. To read it as it’s meant you start imagining crazy disasters where medical personnel with serious burns are tending to people more badly hurt than they are. Yup, we’re in the COVID version of that in the big sky states. NYC was in that place at the beginning, but I think they’re actually doing worse.

1 Like

It’s the nuking a hurricane technique. It probably makes things worse but what do you have to lose!

Wife went to dentist and told me I was silly to not want to go yet.

Came back in tears because no one took it seriously there. And found out she has a cavity near root canal bad that means she has to go back tomorrow for two hours.

WAAF

6 Likes

She can still have a cavity with a new dentist. I would look for a new dentist who takes it seriously.

3 Likes

Dentist shortage around here. Friends can’t get new patient appointment for like 3 months. This would require oral surgeon by then apparently

Ugh, my 6 month was in April and I haven’t been but was just telling the GF that I need to go.

I hope my dentist is taking it seriously.

1 Like

The insane thing about this policy is that it seems to ignore how likely it is for it to infect and kill vulnerable people in the rest of the hospital. Real life isn’t like ET where the pozzed up medical staff walks through a plastic tube to the covid unit and only interacts there. They walk through the rest of the hospital. They use the bathrooms. Presumably they eat in the hospital cafeteria. All that to say you are almost purposefully starting an outbreak first among the rest of your staff and eventually the non-covid patients.

I’m not sure you can compare NYC in March to a ND hospital now. The North Dakota hospitals probably still have mixed ICUs with covid and non-covid patients. One of the two hospitals my wife works in does it this way. You are massively increasing the exposure risk for these patients by actively allowing a hospital wide staff outbreak.

I do understand there is a point where the benefit outweighs the cost but if ND is actually already there then why are they literally doing nothing about it. It’s criminal either way.

2 Likes

That’s too bad. You might have a hell of a time finding an ICU bed.

7 Likes

Nah it’s logistical reality because of our other choices. It didn’t have to be this way, but it is now. It’s going to be an unnaturally warm wet winter full of dry hacking coughs and reefer trailers full of dead people. This was always what OFB was going to mean.

Totally agreed about the criminality. If I was trying to game out COVID response with a blended mix of max casualties and max economic damage being the goal… hard to see how it would be any different.

My wife is in healthcare too, and her facility is in the middle of its second COVID outbreak.

3 Likes

If the hospitals are this broken then the ND/SD governors who spent all summer doing the fox news covidiot tour are to blame. In a rational world their behavior would be criminal.

4 Likes

In any rational world they’d get the ending from Braveheart.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean it’s a case of our society mishandling our way into a series of Sophie’s choices and then always picking the wrong one.

Cases aren’t low but people are running out of money and the Senate won’t give more help. Do we open the schools so people can work? Yes.

Hospitals are running out of staff, do we make nurses work if they’re asymptomatic? Yes.

Yikes as to what the next one will be.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/keribla/status/1325914300096110592

At the Pack Unit, more than 500 inmates had tested positive for the virus by Aug. 2, and 20 had died with it, according to trial records. TDCJ’s public reports on inmate deaths include only 17 Pack Unit deaths as of Tuesday, the second most behind 20 reported deaths at the Duncan Unit in East Texas, another geriatric facility.